1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Is my bounce rate too high?

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

What is an appropriate bounce rate can be a difficult question to answer. Usually, you’d want your users to visit your site for an extended period of time and view multiple pages. So bounce rate can vary dramatically based on your industry, your business goals, and your audience.

If your bounce rate seems abnormally high, check out the bounce rate on mobile devices. It’s possible that your site hasn’t been well optimized for different kinds of mobile devices.

Also check specific landing pages. It may be that the design of some pages is turning users away. Or perhaps the marketing was misaligned with users’ expectations when they landed on that page.

You can also look into techniques that incentivize users to persist on your site such as adding relevant information for them to click in to or related products or services they might find desirable.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Is my bounce rate too high?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What if a user finds the answer to their question right there above the fold. They simply read it and go away.

This will be counted as a bounce, right?

But for the user, it was a good experience because they found the answer to their question, so my question is would this be counted as a bad Bounce Rate? Specially if u have many visitors and they all see your page, read the answer and navigate away without any other interaction. 

Re: Is my bounce rate too high?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

While it may be a good user experience, will they remember your website?  They might, and if you have enough content and SEO, they might end up clicking on your website in the future and eventually recognize your brand, but if you don't have the ability to consistently attract them through organic searches perhaps you want to answer more than just one question on their first visit, which would require you to have relevant links or offers on the first page they see.