6K members online now
6K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

3.3 Analyze data by audience Activity 1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why are the numbers (the correct answer) shown in graph different from the numbers below graph? What's the difference between the graph numbers and the table numbers below? Thanks!GA 3.3.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue.

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/course/7/unit/3/lesson/3

The first question in the activity is the following:

"Under Audience in the Active Users report, using a System segment for Mobile traffic, how many 30-day Active Users are mobile?"

As the screenshot above shows 24969 (this is the same answer I got), the activity states that the answer "13,751" is correct. I see that the report is sampled, but I think there is an error in the activity.

Re: 3.3 Analyze data by audience Activity 1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a bug in the sample. When i did it first time, the number is 24969 and i closed the window and i did it again, it's 13751, the correct answer

aa.pngpic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have the same issue here. Re-do it and still got 24969. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree with you all. I had the same problem of the table not reflecting the graph.

Thanks for posting.

Re: 3.3 Analyze data by audience Activity 1

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same problem and thought I was misunderstanding how the numbers were calculated. When I checked off all the users to be included in the graph, it was obvious that the 30-day users were higher. After staring at the graph and trying to do some math, I just hit "refresh report" in the bottom right corner. With one click, the 30-day users had the highest number (just barely), but the still-high numbers for the other groupings didn't make sense. I clicked "refresh report" again, and the 30-day users hit the correct average while the other user groups halved from the 20,000+ they were showing. After a third click on the "refresh report" button, all of the numbers on the bottom matched the averages in the graph.

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 11.20.23 AM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Maybe there is a bug on the report, each time we press the "Refresh Report" shows a different number.

It's strange because my sample data is from past, (1.Feb.2016 - 29.Feb.2016) I believe it shouldn't change. 

[]´s

--

Thiago Souza

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes indeed, by pressing Refresh report the data changes for the sames dimension in a same date range.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I refreshed the report like others suggested but was still getting wrong data. Reselecting the date range suddenly provided me with numbers that gave me the expected result.

Also noticed that the other screenshots here show 1, 7, 14 and 30 day active user keys in the graph. Mine shows 1, 7, 14 and 28 so maybe there has been an update since others posted?

Just thought of a possible reason for the problem. 2016 was the last leap year. Does Google Analytics have a problem with leap years...?