AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics for Beginners - Discussions
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Analytics Aquisition Keyword Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In my aquisition traffic overview- why are organic keywords listed as 'not provided'? I'd like to find out what my customers are searching google to arrive at my webpage.

analytics.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ala Wai Y
February

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ala Wai Y

(not provided) has been used for a number of years to replace keyword info sent into analytics by google search.
It has been done to protect a site visitor's privacy.

If you setup your site in Google Search Console, you will be able to obtain some search query data there, as it tracks data in a different and seperate way to Google Analytics.

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ala Wai Y
February

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ala Wai Y

(not provided) has been used for a number of years to replace keyword info sent into analytics by google search.
It has been done to protect a site visitor's privacy.

If you setup your site in Google Search Console, you will be able to obtain some search query data there, as it tracks data in a different and seperate way to Google Analytics.

Thanks
Bronwyn

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Bronwyn!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You're welcome @Ala Wai Y,

happy to help :-)

Cheers

Bronwyn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

I'm a little confused as to why this is being done. My website's largest group of organic visitors which overshadows all other visitor's keyword is (not provided). It doesn't help me if I'm trying to create a SEO strategy when I can't see what the keywords are that the largest group of our visitors are using. Is there any other way to understand how those visitors are landing on our website?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Avishek