My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

medical center

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone.

I am representing a medical center in my hometown called Saint Peter.  In the medical center, there are many departments such as urology, dermatology, neurology, cardiology and etc. My idea is to create a business page for the medical center Saint Peter. I would also like to create separate business pages for each of the departments.

Is that possible?

Would it be a problem if the address and phone number are the same for medical center and for all of the departments?

We know that appointments for any department are booked via reception responsible for the whole medical center which use the same phone number and address?

Thank you in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: medical center

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

According to the definition below from Google on departments within a business I don't think that the individual departments within a hospital would qualify for individual Google My Business pages.

"Publicly-facing departments that operate as distinct entities should have their own page. The exact name of each department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments. Typically such departments have a separate customer entrance and should each have distinct categories. Their hours may sometimes differ from those of the main business.

Acceptable (as distinct pages):
"Walmart Vision Center"
"Sears Auto Center"
"Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Dermatology"
Not acceptable (as distinct pages):
The Apple products section of Best Buy
The hot food bar inside Whole Foods Market
For each department, the category that is the most representative of that department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments.

The main business "Wells Fargo" has the category "Bank" whereas the department "Wells Fargo Advisors" has the category "Financial Consultant"
The main business "South Bay Toyota" has the category "Toyota Dealer" whereas the "South Bay Toyota Service & Parts" has the category "Auto Repair Shop" (plus the category "Auto Parts Store")
The main business "GetGo" has the category "Convenience Store" (plus the category "Sandwich Shop") whereas the department "GetGo Fuel" has the category "Gas Station", and the department "WetGo" has the category "Car Wash""

Source: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

Re: medical center

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Bilie P

From what you have described, these are internal services and not Public facing.

In other words, people would not be able to make in person contact with these departments during stated business hours, because they would have to go to reception rather then direct to the department.

Therefore, the main center would only be eligible for a business page.

See Guidelines :

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

"Public-facing departments that operate as distinct entities should have their own page"

Tim Capper
Google My Business Top Contributor (UK) and SEO consultant at Online Ownership

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership