My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

duplicate listings, star rating not showing, special hrs

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok- I have a few questions I need assistance with as I learn the most effective way to do things on here. Most of this seems very inefficient, so bare with me.

#1- I am trying to add/update the special hours for our stores over 500 of them. Do I use them form, delete every field but the store code and the special hours? fill out every column? to me it would seem simple to only leave content in the columns you want to update. Everytime I upload everything I get a lot of issues and "resolve updates"..and just to do some standard updates, what is the best way to do this?

#2- I uploaded the info for all 560 stores and in my dashboard I see about 7 stores listed with the error "listing duplicate" please delete...well I cannot find the duplicated store to make sure when I delete the entry it is still correct. How do i do this?

#3 I recenlty noticed that in google search you can no longer see the # of reviews or star ratings for locations? [censored] google?!? why is this? you ask our customers to review us and now no one can see it unless they use google maps? who the hell uses maps to search? good luck getting that to work. Any insight here from the moderators would be great!  

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: duplicate listings, star rating not showing, special hrs

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

#1- I am trying to add/update the special hours for our stores over 500 of them. Do I use them form, delete every field but the store code and the special hours? fill out every column? to me it would seem simple to only leave content in the columns you want to update. Everytime I upload everything I get a lot of issues and "resolve updates"..and just to do some standard updates, what is the best way to do this?

Probably the easiest way is to what Tim suggested and then download the spreadsheet from Google and use that going forward. It would have all of the data in the correct spot. 

#2- I uploaded the info for all 560 stores and in my dashboard I see about 7 stores listed with the error "listing duplicate" please delete...well I cannot find the duplicated store to make sure when I delete the entry it is still correct. How do i do this?

I am not sure. Perhaps you should contact support: https://support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en

#3 I recenlty noticed that in google search you can no longer see the # of reviews or star ratings for locations? [censored] google?!? why is this? you ask our customers to review us and now no one can see it unless they use google maps? who the hell uses maps to search? good luck getting that to work. Any insight here from the moderators would be great!  

Google, in cleaning up their search results on the front page, limited the results to 3 and removed the review information. It is still visible in the Knowledge Panel, the Local Finder and in Maps. It is not as visible as it once was but it is visible. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jay W

I am not a regular user in bulk uploads, so hopefully @Mike Blumenthal could add some specifics.

Special Hours : add via spead sheet if all 500 locations have different special hours or if they are all the same, you add special hours to 1 property it allows you to add to all in account.

screencapture (15).png

If you switch to grid view and select Manage Location, you will see a review section, where you can view all reviews, respond to them

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Probably the easiest way is to what Tim suggested and then download the spreadsheet from Google and use that going forward. It would have all of the data in the correct spot. 

I am not sure. Perhaps you should contact support: https://support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en

Google, in cleaning up their search results on the front page, limited the results to 3 and removed the review information. It is still visible in the Knowledge Panel, the Local Finder and in Maps. It is not as visible as it once was but it is visible. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
ALL STORES have different hours for the holidays...
I have tried the bulk upload and keep getting a store code error that 1 store is missing a code but nothing is missing...any help?