My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

business within a business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

An auto repair business may or may not have it's own google my business page.  We, as a separate company, contract with them to provide a product/service completely independent of their core business and consider them one of our installation and service locations.  Though they 'service' the customer face to face, all other matters (selling, billing, customer service, etc.) are handled by our centralized office for all locations.  

I'm wanting to create a separate google my business listing/page for each of these locations and was considering using the naming convention of "Our Business Name (inside Auto Repair business name)"  After reading through the support pages, I see Google will not allow this (although I see many other businesses doing it already).  

What other possible solutions or suggestions exist?  I need to somehow notate that our business is located within the related business as there is no physical signage at the locations for our business.

• I saw an example of how Geek Squad has a separate line that shows "Located in:  Best Buy"  How can utilize that "Located in:" field?  

OR

• Is adding "(inside Auto Repair business name)" to the Address Line 2 field an option? 

Note:  I need to bulk upload as we have 10+ locations as it's not feasible to do each location individually.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: business within a business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Brian J

From what you have explained, there is still only 1 business that operates from that location serving customers, which is the overriding criteria for a business page. You may do the selling, but the business at that location does the job, not you.

Perhaps if you provide an example I could get a better idea of why these are two actual businesses. A second business at a location also needs its own separate tel number ( customers can make in person contact during set business hours )

A business that operates inside a building is for example a Large Branded store that has separate retail kiosks / stores within, that operate face to face with customers.

The "located inside" is not attached via address field, but by contacting business support who can attach the label to the business page : https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are a very large truck rental company with 130 + physical stores and offer a self serve truck rental solution within a large chain of hardware stores.

We have our own website page describing the busines, as well as 24 7 hours of operation, and a phone number.

We would like to setup a 'Google My Business' page, similar to what Geek squad has with Best Buy, displaying our truck rental service, within the existing hardware chain.

How can we do this?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
and all locations have the same phone number?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They do, however I could have one different number for each location, if it is required.

We are a large network of car and truck rental locations, we service a large chaine of hardware stores with a self serve truck rental option, customers can go into the hardware store, open our webapp, reserve a truck, purchase lumber, step outside int he hardware store parking lot, unlock our truck, load it up and leave wiht their newly purchased lumber.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Steven l

I would treat this like a Kiosk location, which can use 1 central number.

Use Bulk Management tool to create.

Things I would put in place 1st:

List each and every location properly on website, opening and closing times of the store its located in.

Make sure there is a Some kind of counter or Signage in each store, that has Your Logo on, instructions on, address of that location, and Contact Tel Number.

You will need this in case there are verification issues and you can then prove the kiosk exists in the particular store.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

lemme ask one more question please @Steven l:

are your track rental stations staffed during the listed opening hours?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Its a self service environment, like Zipcar. So there is no staff at the hardware stores, however we do have 500 employees working int he bricks and moarter locations all over the province.