My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Why am I seeing Dynamic Ads from my GMB account instead of my branded ads from adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot get a good answer from Google on why a GMB Dynamically inserted ad is showing up instead of my actual branded ads from adwords. I keep getting the answer of you need to post more on google+. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

-Taylor

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why am I seeing Dynamic Ads from my GMB account instead of my branded ads from adwords?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Example?  And who has told you that you need to post on Google+?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Phillip,

When you search "just food for dogs" the ad that is being pulled in is Just Food For Dogs - Pet Supply Store, which is coming from our GMB pages. I would like the actual branded ad that we set up in adwords to display. A google my business employee told me to post more on Google+ to solve it, which sounds absurd.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Not sure if you are using the correct terms here.  I see a paid search ad for Just Food For Dogs when I enter your search term.  If I add Costa Mesa CA I still see your AdWords ad, even though I now see your business details on the right.

Are you talking about Location extensions showing your address?

Make sure you are using your AdWords preview tool and not simply using regular search.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does that paid search ad have Pet Supply as part of the Headline?

Re: Why am I seeing Dynamic Ads from my GMB account instead of my branded ads from adwords?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

No.

Outside of your address/hours and photos, Google AdWords does not get any content at all from GMB.  There isn't anything called "GMB Dynamically inserted ad" 

There are dynamic search ads you can set up in AdWords; there is some automated ad extensions in AdWords, and AdWords Express can create ad variations.  

If you could screen-shot the ad, it would help.  Two possibilities immediately come to mind:

If you are searching for yourself without being in incognito mode, Google has learned you never click on you ads (obviously).  This opens up ads for sites like YP.com, wow.com, even Bing to run ads using your business name as a keyword.  The ad would take you to a third-party site, not you.

Another possibility is that you are seeing a map ad??  Are you on mobile?? It would appear like this in map results:

just food for dogs pet supplies   Google Maps.png