My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

What heppans when upgrading to business account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have access to a bunch of locations under the same brand where all locations are managed seprately by their representatives. I was planning to gather all these locations under a business account instead but before I do that I would like to make sure that the current owners/representatives don't lose access to their locations. How can I make sure that they keep their access when upgrading to a business account?

//

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What heppans when upgrading to business account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
create your businesse account for the brand and invite all primary owners of the locations in question to become a manager of that businesse account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, two quesitons:

- Will the old account owners automatically lose the control of their accounts when they are transferred to the business account and they have to be added manually to regain access?

- Can you allow one user to only control their own location or do you have to give them access to all locations?

Thanks!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

My concrete (or pratical) experiences regarding this are bit restricted.

Nevertheless giving here my answer:

- I would suppose "the old account owners will not automatically lose the control of their accounts when they are transferred to the business account"

- inviting a new manager of a certain business account is valid for the entire business account.

But you can always define a  manager for a single listing (even if the listing is part of a business account):

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100?hl=en

Re: What heppans when upgrading to business account

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Robin B,

My company works with large location groups, and in our experience it may be best to create your Google+ account or existing gmail account (manage@companyname.com) to handle all the accounts and request ownership of each account from each representative (since there can be multiple owners of one account), once they approve and that goes through, you can change the settings for them to be "managers" of specific listings/locations. 

Often times this is a tedious task and must be done manually. We are a Google Partner and can assist you in navigating these issues as we have dealt with this in the past and can hopefully save you lots of time and headache! Feel free to email me at eric@mybusinesslisting.com as the details of what you are attempting to do will be lengthy to type.

Have a safe and fun weekend Robin!