My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

What gives? Repeated 'updates' appearing on listings which have been previously removed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have about 70 locations, all of them are constantly requiring to be 'resolved', namely, Amenities: Gift wrapping, and Payments: Cash-only. 

Each month I 'resolved' them by removing each amenity (since in our line of business we do not gift wrap, and we accept all forms of payment, so stipulating 'cash-only' is incorrect). 

Logging in today and, lo and behold, all locations have been tagged again with 'updates' with the same gift wrapping and cash-only. 

I understand google has various 'sources' for details like these, but obviously, these are not helping anyone since they are repeatedly coming up when I remove them. 

Anyone know how to resolve my issue? Going insane here having to do the same thing every month for every location. Not productive use of anyone's time. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

What gives? Repeated 'updates' appearing on listings which have been previously removed.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Marcus L

Update your locations will appear still! Because within the Google Maps Local Guides program works

------------------------------------------------

I'm helping your Business   G+ profil

if you give my answer like or solved thanks

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn  how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Now today, I log in to see 38 locations with updates for Payment: Not cash-only.

Should I count myself lucky that I only have to fix half of my list?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I have approximately 1000 places to update my Google Maps locations, and I need to make 200 updates a week.

------------------------------------------------

if you give my answer like or solved thanks

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn  how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

3rd party tools can BULK suppress or manage these GMB suggested updates if you'd like to maintain your current dataset on Google. GMB attributes are extremely important to manage as they help to explicitly associate your listings to longer tail search queries e.g. 'coffee shops with free wifi' 

It is 100% a best practice to stay on top of them though as it constantly refreshes the data you're sending Google and sends the signal that you're actively managing your presence. Google generates and pushes through their suggestions because the majority of businesses do not manage their presence as proactively as you are!

Best, 

Eoghan @ MomentFeed

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Please see my answer higher up in the thread as may help solve your issue too!