My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Verification for Physicians at the same Institute

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm the webmaster at a large institution (Barrow Neurological Institute) and I'm trying to clean up the GMB listings for our individual physicians.

The problem is, many of them operate out of the same clinic, with the same address and phone number. So when I try to verify, Google rejects me for spammy behavior.

Is there any way to resolve this, for crying out loud?

As it stands, the listings almost universally contain incorrect information, meaning that people with Alzheimer's, ALS, Parkinson's disease, and a whole host of severe neurological conditions are getting sent to the wrong address, or told to call the wrong phone number, and trying to rectify this is apparently 'spammy'.

I'm sorry, but if I sound pissed off, I am. GMB is supposed to be helpful, but as of right now, it's 'helping' some very sick people miss their much-needed doctor's appointments. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Barrow

I understand your frustration but can I just check - when you are setting up the doctors' pages, are you following Google's guidelines for practitioners? If so, then you should not be having an issue with them being marked as spammy. If you are following the guidelines and are still being suspended, then please provide some links here of those pages so we can see what is going on.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Priya - Although we are not a physicians group we have the same issue. We have two businesses operating out of one location. Do you have any documentation on how (literally) to set up a location with different departments? Similar to Wal-Mart's setup, where they have optical, grocery, auto repair.... etc? Any help would be great! 

Natalie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Priya-

This is the first I've heard of those guidelines. I gave them a look, but am still a bit confused.

If the practitioner is one of several public-facing practitioners at this location:

• The organization should create a listing for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
  • The title of the listing for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization.

So basically, if all of my my practitioners operate out of floors 3 and 4 at 240 West thomas road, I need to first create listings for those clinics, and then it will allow me to create individual practitioner listings at that address?

Thanks for responding!

Andrew