My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Using 3rd Part Locations For Google My Business

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

HI All,

I am currently working for a client that offers a service online the sends customers to physical locations of 3rd party partners of the business.

What I am wondering is what is the best way to set up Google My Business for this client.

1. Setup one Google My Business listing at my client HQ and set that my client service all of the UK by setting the radius
  2. I researched how others do this and I found that Blackcircles.com have listings at all their 3rd Party locations that they use for their business. (is this aloude by Google?)

What is the best practice for my client as I don't want them to be penalised by Google if I get this wrong.

Thank you.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using 3rd Part Locations For Google My Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
reading whaht your client does or is inteding to do I understood he (your client) doesn't have a "face to face"-contact to customers.
As such he wouldn't be eligible for local pages at all.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I see.
How does the mentioned company get away with this? They are the same as my client.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Craig,
You should report them through Google Maps.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Blackcircles are a self-contained fitting service within another store and seems to qualify as a department within other business, universities, or institutions (https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en). See the "GetGo" example. Personal contact is made by the local trained staff, correct? Why would this be any different than a Walmart or Walgreens Photo Center, which have their own listings and are often staffed by regular employees who only occasionally wander over to help a customer as needed? The Starbucks in our local grocery stores have their own listings as departments, and again they are staffed by grocery store employees, not Starbucks employees. They are also not always staffed full-time during their "open" hours as the grocery employees do their other duties. The department does not need dedicated staff. I recommend reviewing and following the bulk upload instructions for your locations just as if it was a department in another business.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Ok
Would it be beneficial to do this.
Or would I be better to setup one HQ and set the service circumference to all of UK?