My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Upgrade to business account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I need to upgrade our GMB accounts to business ones.

I have created the business account but can't see how to transfer the 12 locations in the std GMB account to the business account.

Obviously, I don't want to upload the import file as that would then create duplicates.

Please can you advise how to proceed?

GMB screenshot.jpg

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandra T
February 2016

Re: Upgrade to business account

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi @Sandra T,

My apologies! Upon further investigation, I see what you mean. It sounds like you've already successfully set up the business account. Next, you can transfer ownership of the pages in question to the business account. Finally, you can add managers to the business account. It looks like the process of transferring ownership over may be fairly manual, but once that is done, you can add managers directly to the account as a whole. 

Hope that helps!

Best,
Liz

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Sandra T,

Thanks for writing! I'm afraid that I don't entirely understand your question--all GMB accounts are business accounts. It sounds like you're trying to transfer one set of accounts under a multi-location umbrella. If this is the case, I would recommend checking out this page for an overview of bulk listing management, and this page for how to transfer ownership of a page to another user/account. 

Please let me know if you have further questions, or if I misunderstood your question.

Thanks,
Liz

GMB Community Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Liz,

I'll explain why I thought I needed a business account and maybe you can advise?

The reason this has come up is that I need to allow another person access to the account, but currently I can only add a manager per listing. With over 200 listings in 5 accounts, that is not a viable option.

How can I add another manager to an account rather than each individual listing?

Thanks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandra T
February 2016

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi @Sandra T,

My apologies! Upon further investigation, I see what you mean. It sounds like you've already successfully set up the business account. Next, you can transfer ownership of the pages in question to the business account. Finally, you can add managers to the business account. It looks like the process of transferring ownership over may be fairly manual, but once that is done, you can add managers directly to the account as a whole. 

Hope that helps!

Best,
Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello ElizabethP;

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I do have a question. I have a customer that has one business with 3 locations. I have set up each one separately and going through the process of Verifying each one. I have completed one verification at this point, waiting on a post card for one other and the other business was already verified by an unknown person.

My question is, when I do a search for the business name and include the town that the business is in, I am seeing still the original Google Places on the right which is a non-verified business. How long till when I do a search for "Charles J O'Shea Funeral Home East Meadow" will the East Meadow location show up instead of their other location?

Also I tried to change the picture shown in the Profile for the other location, and uploaded exterior photos but the main photo still has not changed. Any thoughts?

Mike H.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi @Mike H,

Could you go ahead and start a new thread? You can do this by going back to the board and clicking on the red/pink plus sign in the lower right hand corner. 

Thanks so much!

Liz,

GMB Community Manager