AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Updating dining options, highlights and other new attributes

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Apologies if this is a question asked elsewhere. I've served but can't find an answer but the search function is playing up a bit today.

This morning I've checked some 350+ locations each with 2 or 3 changes to verify. In every case these turned out to be from a set of attributes called Dining Options, Highlights, Offerings, etc. For example; Offerings; Craft Beer which can be set Yes or No. I can see this through the bulk verification spreadsheet.

I cannot find how the business owner can view these attributes via the web/business listings or set them. It's probably hiding in plain sight! Could someone point me in the right direction please.

As a Local Guide I'm familiar with Google Maps prompting me to answer these questions. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Similar here.  3/4 of my listings I am prompted for updates but cannot update in the web interface, must download my file and made edits.  But now as I'm ready to upload the upload feature is not present.  Very very weird.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Great find. That confirms we're not mad and Google expects us to do it all by spreadsheet.

I still pine for a web interface; in particular for setting up new locations and entering these details in the first place. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew G

I think this update is just starting to roll out for some accounts. The team is aware it's a little confusing. Hang tight, don't do anything yet and we'll provide some guidance as soon as we get some clarification.