My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Transferring locations that I manage to a business account

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

For a client I have an issue where I cannot move a location to the business account owned by the same Google account. The documention states this should be possible.

The owner of the accounts has shared the locations with the email address of the Google-account. The locations will then show up in the regular (what's the name?) Google-My-Business-account. I want to move those 20 locations to the Google-My-Business-Business-account (necessary as I need it to be able to allow Adwords as manager to the business account).

Spoiler
Funny thing: even if you fill out the form of request for management with the secondary email connected to the Google-account, the invitation will be sent to the primary email address of the account (the email address which cannot be changed).

Account overview

Let us try:

A shared location

Error:

error

But the help states that I can move locations to a business account even if I manage them:

source: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6085320

There is no other button/place to move the locations. How to move managed locations to the business account?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aldert B
August 2016

Re: Transferring locations that I manage to a business account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Aldert B

as far I understand your information quoting below again:

Error:

error

But the help states that I can move locations to a business account even if I manage them:

It tells you this:

the location you have selected for the transfer action and selecting it from t leftmost ("personal") Business Account (with the big "G")  to the rightmost  Business Account (without the big "G") is listed at the  ("personal") Business Account but you are not owing it - being the manager only.

I can replicate this for those listing in my own "personal" account I have listed but not owning it (being a manger of it "only")

All this is for the source listing to transfer.

However:

this part you quoted form the HC article tells you about the destination - telling you you can only transfer TO a business account that you own or MANAGE.

It doesn't tell you you can transfer any location in the source business account you are managing only (rather owning it) 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aldert B
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Aldert B

as far I understand your information quoting below again:

Error:

error

It tells you this:

the location you have selected for the transfer action and selecting it from t leftmost ("personal") Business Account (with the big "G")  to the rightmost  Business Account (without the big "G") is listed at the  ("personal") Business Account but you are not owing it - being the manager only.

I can replicate this for those listing in my own "personal" account I have listed but not owning it (being a manger of it "only")

All this is for the source listing to transfer.

However:

this part you quoted form the HC article tells you about the destination - telling you you can only transfer TO a business account that you own or MANAGE.

It doesn't tell you you can transfer any location in the source business account you are managing only (rather owning it) 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Ah, indeed so the documentation is correct, it's indeed about the properties of the location.

As a business account doesn't have it's own email address, no-one would be able to share a location with this business account, correct? So currently the workaround would be, get ownership of these locations, move them to the business account and rollback the ownership change if the original owner would like so ;-)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I think you got it