My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Transferring Primary Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Community, 

I'm experiencing some ownership issues with an enterprise client (over 1,000) listings. Every now and then they rebrand a location. They keep all business info except the business name. I have access to all these other listings that are rebranding to my client so I can transfer ownership. 

The issue,

If you look at the image below, I can only transfer ownership to the business account on the left. I do all my bulk uploading in the account on the right. This has created several duplicate listings (which is in the process of being cleaned up). To my knowledge the correct way to take care of these rebrands is to make sure that ownership gets transferred to the proper business account I'm doing my biweekly upload to. The upload CSV is autogenerated from the websites store API so all the open stores are on it, even rebrands. Now if I don't have a rebrand listing in that account I'm uploading to it creates a duplicate. So my question is , how can I transfer a listing from the business account on the left to the business account on the right *they're both in the same Google account).

I feel like this should be fairly easy but I can't quite get it. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm holding off on doing bulk uploads until I can figure this out to avoid creating a larger duplicate issue

:) Thanks

Kyle

Screenshot.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kyle G
August

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yep @Kyle G

It's pretty easy and described in here:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/6085320?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for relicing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I see that this comes up often. The problem is that when i attempt to transfer ownership to another business account (The Account with the clients name) and within the same Google account I get the result of 0 transfers. Why can listings not be moved from the general account and then sorted by the name of the client? Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is Kent from Motel 6, Alvin Texas -77511 my Address is 1470 South Bypass 35. I am unable to access my ownership through motel6alvin@gmail.com

Re: Transferring Primary Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Why am i getting this

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

HI @Michael O

our forum guidelines don't permit publishing emails and offering help offline the forum

Please edit the posting - otherwise I will decide archiving your post 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my business name :Vishal Enterprises

google url: https://business.google.com/b/108451196735471295381/dashboard/l/16879653295742252642?gmbsrc=ww-ww-et...

There is an error "This location is a duplicate of a location that's already on Google."

There is another business at this location. I have placed the first time. Why there is an error?

There is another business with same name but it is some else's and at other location.

Please help me to activate my business ASAP.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

there are many Vishal Enterprises google map markers in India?

No one can use your dashboard link.

Tip - if the address is incomplete on the map marker you are trying to claim, then go to the map marker and suggest an edit, wait for the changes to take place then continue your claiming and verification process.

Stay in your dashboard, go to the map marker and click claim this business. refresh the dashboard and you should find it there.

Next step, verify your business, Code by post you will receive verification code in 22 days, you could request video verification.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking for help with my business. I requested a postcard to verify but the code expired. I cannot request a new code because it keeps saying that I have requested access from the current owner, however, I am the current owner!!! I have checked and made sure I am signed in with the right email and I am. I have gone through every help support forum online and no one will help me!!! Please help!!!