My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

This business can’t be reopened because it seems to have a new location on Google Maps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am the Web Master for Piano Distributors (Tony Merritt - 404-985-8791 - Cell Phone) and we have a error in our Google Maps at the following OPEND location:

Piano Distributors Sarasota

4223 South Tamiami Trail

Sarasota, FL 34231

Store Number (941) 927‑2965

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x88c343cfd81a206f:0xa804556868545692!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3...

The above store is showing as Closed, but it is not.

We did close another location in Sarasota this year which was at the following address:

7606 S Tamiami Trail

Sarasota, FL 34231

I believe they were combined into one location in Google Maps.  

Again, the 

4223 South Tamiami Trail

Sarasota, FL 34231

location is open and selling pianos. Please remove the closed sign off of this location.  

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: This business can’t be reopened because it seems to have a new location on Google Maps.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The page for the business in question for anyone else looking at it is here:
https://plus.google.com/109627550709149507030/about

map maker:
http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=90&cid=12106895605194053266

It looks like what happened, was the business was marked closed by the business owner (Anonymous8285) in February during a business move, they moved, changed the information for the business to the new location, and then marked it as re-opened in April, but Google got confused and set it back to closed. Then the user made 12 more edits trying to get it to show as open again. 

One of the map maker leads (like @JoyHawkins) should be able to help you get this cleaned up pretty easily, but first I think you're going to have to undo your edits. part of Google's spam fighting policy is to have every single edit to local businesses get reviewed by a human moderator. It's definitely helped with some of the spam issues, but it means you can plug the pipes by making a bunch of changes when you see it's not going through. Says you've got 12 pending edits on the profile, that might make it harder to get things straightened out. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: This business can’t be reopened because it seems to have a new location on Google Maps.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I went ahead and marked it as reopened, but got a notice that Google needs to moderate it. Joy may have more luck.
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Tony,

There are 13 pending edits to reopen this business. In the future, submitting multiple edits actually does more harm than good as it just backs up the entire queue and only one of the edits can be approved (the other 12 will give errors since you can only approve one).

This listing is verified. You should be able to re-open it instantly from within Google My Business with no need to wait for anyone on approval. Do you have access to the listing at Google.com/Business?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual