My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Temporary Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company has anywhere from 1000 to 1500 temporary locations open during a 3 week period (not year round). What is the best way I can get these locations on Google for our customers to search for locations during that time frame?. Some locations differ from year to year. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Temporary Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi BJA,

I think your situation kind of interest you . I suggest you to read policy first about illegible business.
But for me just give a location name which relate your temporary location. like if your place in Walmart ABC you can give a name and let your customer search that keyword to getting direction to your shop. also you can create a brand page to getting the feedback from your customer

I hope this one can help

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Per your question-

I had a couple quick questions about your submission that will help get your question answered as timely as possible.

What is the status of the addresses for these locations? Is each eligible to receive its own mail? Also, do you own the rights to the space during that time period? In other words, do you sign a lease/contract?

Have a great day!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @Craig M

I can see you are correctly trying to determine whether the business is eligible. Lets say it is ( @BJ A get back to us on this )

However looking at it from a "is it worth it" point of view.

Say they create the page 7 days prior to opening and assume that the postcard gets delivered to the correct premises ( temporary pop up, postman might not get it right ) we may already be a week in to the 3 week opening.

Lets say it is a pop restaurant for example, it wont appear in the local 3 pack as a restaurant, without building authority over time anyway.

In two weeks time, all of these need to be marked as permanently closed, leaving big red permanently closed KP for over 1000 locations.

Now assuming the following year this is repeated in same town, maybe different address, the new page will then be competing against the same name permanently closed listing.

In a Nut Shell : for the 2 week period that the page may be visible, I doubt it would be of any benefit.

Speaking personally, if a client came to me with this, i would say No. The time vs cost to potential benefit would not make sense.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Tim Capper I agree. However, I assumed the answer to these questions will be "no" across the board. @BJ A can then understand why Google My Business might not be the best option for him.

A map of the current locations, separated by region on BJ A's website is probably the best option for the users, the business, and Google. If the business wants Google real estate, ranking a "Find a Location" page for users who perform a branded search is likely the best course of action.