My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Store within a Store

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to get feedback on how to implement a store within a store. When you search for Geek squad you will see that Best Buy's Geek squad is shown located inside Best Buy in the text on the knowledge graph. How do I get this information to appear for another store within a store? If I am able to add this are there any disadvantages to adding this? 

P.S. The current forum interface is not allowing me to upload a screenshot.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Store within a Store

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kristin M

Apparently you need to contact business support to enable this:

https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Kristin M,

Google says that the best way to get that added to your knowledge panel is by contacting the GMB support team directly, and just asking for it. You can do that here:
https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?hl=en&rd=2#cft=5

If you want to go the extra mile, you can also add proper schema in your website to show where the business is located. Here's a little tutorial on how to use the containedin schema in a case that's probably similar to yours:
http://www.html-5.com/microdata/schemas/food-establishment.html

As far as any 'downsides', if there are any I haven't heard of them. I haven't heard of showing inside another business as impacting rankings for anyone one way or the other, and I can't imagine it would be anything other than beneficial to make it as easy as possible for a customer to find you. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Google is encouraging moving to JSON LD for structured data + plus its so much easier to install site wide then wrapping html around text.

If you are a food establishment this also includes updated new Order Actions and Reservation Actions : Restaurant Place Actions with JSON

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! My concern is that we are doing this for 2000 locations hope that they can assist me with doing this in bulk.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Are all 2000 locations inside a Mall / Center ?

Let me know if they get unstuck

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you for the tip @Tim Capper! I'll be getting up to speed on JASON LD today, good to know.