My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Store Codes - Bulk update

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I am trying to bulk update the store codes on my GMB account through the spreadsheet upload option but every time I upload the spreadsheet with the new codes new business are created. Instead I would like to replace the old codes with the new ones without creating new stores.. 

Do you know how can I solve this issue? 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Marissa_GMB (Community Manager)
February

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Greg H,

Unfortunately, because store codes are used as unique identifiers to ensure your updates are being made to the correct locations, you can only manually update store codes within Google My Business.

If you can still use the old store codes and just need additional identifiers added, another option would be to load the new store codes to the 'labels' field. Otherwise, they will have to be changed one by one.

Thanks!

-Krystal

Krystal Taing
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how to here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Marissa_GMB (Community Manager)
February

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Greg H,

Unfortunately, because store codes are used as unique identifiers to ensure your updates are being made to the correct locations, you can only manually update store codes within Google My Business.

If you can still use the old store codes and just need additional identifiers added, another option would be to load the new store codes to the 'labels' field. Otherwise, they will have to be changed one by one.

Thanks!

-Krystal

Krystal Taing
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how to here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @KrystalT,

I assume that also means that if I have a bulk upload of 50 locations to add to my existing locations - they won't over write the old ones as long as I've put in 50 new identifiers? Yes?

Thanks

PaulH

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @Uniting,

That's right!

-Krystal

Krystal Taing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bewdy! Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Every Ship has a Story what's yours.. ?

Thanks