My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews incorrectly merged from one listing to another

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm posting this on behalf of a client. Unfortunately they haven't been able to resolve on their own, so i'm trying to help them seek advice from this community.

They have a listing in Asheville, NC and a listing in Iowa. Somehow all of their reviews from the Asheville location were merged to their Iowa location. He tried requesting Google to move the reviews but they denied him. He provided a list of all the reviews on the Iowa listing that were supposed to be Asheville. With the list, he shared the facts of why he believed those reviews belonged on the Asheville listing. Such as:
- the content of the review

- the places their other reviews were for

- the location of the reviewer

Additionally, his company does not have other stores in the western part of North Carolina near Asheville, and they have only a few locations spread out in Iowa, so he's pretty confident that it was correct.

Here are those two listings, and I can provide that list of reviews & his research that he shared with them. 

Asheville - https://www.google.com/maps?cid=15376132162345198129

Iowa - https://www.google.com/maps?cid=18066073576915993871

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm surprised support wouldn't accommodate this request, if you have a clear indication that some of the reviews are, in fact, for a different location of the same brand. 

Are both locations owned by the same Google account? I could see that they might think that one location is trying to get rid of (bad?) reviews where they might be different franchise owners.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joel,

Yes, both locations are owned by the same GMB account which is managed at corporate. My client is the owner of that GMB account. He said that he owned both at the time it happened. They were present on one page and then somehow went missing. So after investigation, he noticed that they got merged over to the other. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

And what happened to the listings in the account? Were they both verified? 

It is my experience that verified listing can't be merged. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joel,

My client says that they were verified at the time. The listings were not merged together as a whole. It's just that the reviews themselves were. I know, this is so bizarre. I honestly have never seen this before.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Crystal S
June

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This probably pretty difficult to fix. By reading the text of the reviews at both of the locations, I can't decipher between them. It will be hard for a support agent to get this right. You'll need call until you get the right person that's going to go above and beyond to get this fixed.

I'd recommend, for ease, simply to work on generating more reviews than worrying about getting the right review on the right location.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Joel! I appreciate the time you took to look into it and respond. And I also appreciate the suggestion. :)