My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Resolved Google Updates repeat each week

N/A
# 1
N/A

We have a verified multi-location retail business. Each week our My Business Dashboard indicates the need to "resolve updates" pertaining to the payment types we accept at each of our locations. We accept Cash-Only, Credit, and Debit. By the following week, our edited and saved corrections appear to have been discarded and the Dashboard once again shows we must resolve the same updates all over again. Anyone have an idea of how we might resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
July

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Does your website explicitly say you accept those forms of payment? If not, I'd suggest posting it there, Google is receiving the bad data from a 3rd party source and to help you shut that down, besides constantly staying on top of your updates, next best thing is to update your brand's website with the info (ideally on a store web page basis).

Another potential cause could be what the industry location data aggregators are saying about you, if you publish (and pay) to send your data there, I'd see if their data is correct. 

Think of GMB as an ecosystem you're trying to influence, no matter how direct and frequently you give them your data, there's always other signals they're taking into account so you want to tackle it via multiple avenues. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
July

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Does your website explicitly say you accept those forms of payment? If not, I'd suggest posting it there, Google is receiving the bad data from a 3rd party source and to help you shut that down, besides constantly staying on top of your updates, next best thing is to update your brand's website with the info (ideally on a store web page basis).

Another potential cause could be what the industry location data aggregators are saying about you, if you publish (and pay) to send your data there, I'd see if their data is correct. 

Think of GMB as an ecosystem you're trying to influence, no matter how direct and frequently you give them your data, there's always other signals they're taking into account so you want to tackle it via multiple avenues. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Eoghan, any suggestions for the really weird suggestions though. I keep getting suggested changes to say that we offer gift wrapping. We sell semi trucks and semi truck parts, it's pretty well implied that we don't offer gift wrapping, and I don't want to put on our site that we don't offer gift wrapping for it to go away. Any suggestions?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Haha do you put bows on your trucks?!! :)

That's a really weird one. Have you googled your name + gift wrapping to see if it's cited anywhere? Might be on a random blog / directory somewhere that you can flag.

Good luck with it, look me up on LinkedIn if you ever want to connect 1:1.

Could be worth a call into support to see if they can put a flag in your account to suppress all those gift-wrapping attribute suggestions going forward. Beyond getting your website clear, feeding GMB data (and photos + posts) regularly and over time teaching their algo that you're not gift wrapping and making sure you feeds to those industry data aggregators are consistent with what you're directly feeding, I'm honestly not sure what else you could be doing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just googled it and the only relevant result is an article that talks about our CEO donating money to a hospital. I'll have to do some digging and see if there is anything. It's nothing crazy it's just mildly annoying to have to clear them out every so often. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Oooh news sites can be pretty influential alright, gift wrapping may be in the mark up of that news page somewhere too which then causes google to associate your brand in the story with the tagged topic.

To keep users on top of things, GMB really should gamify it and hand out swag to folks who keep accuracy at certain level or something!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was actually a link on our own site. I don't think it caused it, but I edited the word gift a little so it wasn't so prominent. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also looking for a way to reduce the amount of redundant Google Updates for GMB profiles. We work with chiropractors, and every few days I have dozens of repeat updates about whether or not the office has a Restroom or a Unisex Restroom. Not something I'm going to call my clients over! It doesn't seem like the amenities 'stick' after updating them either. I'll mark something, then Google removes my designation a week later. How can we get our updates to stick?