Please help with google my business
I have 2 x businesss in the same location.
1 x existing business which has already a google my business page
The second business ness is having trouble registering. I have had a notice back from google saying I can't create as there is already a business registered in that address.
How do I set up a google my business page for the second business?
Re: Please help with google my business
Please, read here under mentioned few information about your problem:
1) You just have to link your Google My Business account to AdWords and add all your locations (2 in your case) within the My Business account. Appropriate location would be shown to the user, based on your location.
And (OR) Read here under mentioned huge information to get an idea:
Chains, departments, and individual practitioners
Chains and brands
Maintaining consistent names and categories across all of your business locations helps users quickly identify your business on Google Maps and search results.
All locations must have the same name unless the business’s real world representation consistently varies from location to location. All locations must also have the same category if they provide the same service.
All business locations within the same country must have the same name for all locations. For example, all Home Depot locations should use the name "The Home Depot" rather than "Home Depot" or "The Home Depot at Springfield".
There are two exceptions to this policy:
- If you have multiple types of business--sub-brands, multiple departments, or various types of operations such as retail and wholesale--these distinct entities may also have a distinct name so long as it is consistently applied to all locations of that business.
- Acceptable name variations: "Walmart Supercenter" and "Walmart Express"; "Nordstrom" and "Nordstrom Rack"; "Gap" and "babyGap"
- If some of your locations consistently use a different name in the real world - on their storefront, website, stationery etc. - these locations can use this different name.
- Acceptable name variations: "Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco" and "Intercontinental New York Barclay"; "PFK" (for locations in Quebec) and "KFC" (for locations in the US and rest of Canada)
All locations of a business must share the one category that best represents the business. If you have multiple types of locations (e.g. sub-brands, multiple departments, or various types of operations such as retail, distribution center, and office), this rule only applies within each of these sub-groups.
- All "Gap Kids" have the category "Children’s Clothing Store"
- All "Goodyear Auto Service Center" have the category "Tire Shop"; they also all have the category "Auto Repair Shop"
- All "PetSmart" have the category "Pet Supply Store"; some locations may have other categories ("Pet Store", "Dog Day Care Center")
Two or more brands at the same location
If your business location combines two or more brands, do not combine the brand names into a single listing. Instead, pick one brand’s name for the listing. If the brands operate independently, you may use a separate listing for each brand at this location.
- Not Acceptable: "KFC / Taco Bell" or "Dunkin' Donuts/ Baskin Robbins"
- Acceptable: "Taco Bell", "KFC", "Dunkin’ Donuts", "Baskin Robbins"
If your business sells another business brand’s product(s) or service(s), use only the name of the business, excluding the name of the brand being sold, which can't have a listing for this location.
- Not Acceptable: "Staples/ UPS", "America’s Tire / Firestone"
- Acceptable: "Staples", "America’s Tire"
However, if the business location is an authorized and fully dedicated seller of the branded product or service (sometimes known as a "franchisee"), you may use the underlying brand name when creating the listing.
- Acceptable: "TCC Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer", "U-Haul Neighborhood Dealer"
If you change the name of your brand or any of your locations, update them by editing your business information.
Businesses are eligible for rebranding if:
- The business name changes, but the business category, management, and ownership remain the same.
- The business acquires or merges with another business and changes its name.
- The business has multiple locations and changes the names for all of those locations.
Businesses that make significant identity changes (e.g. hotel or fast food establishments that switch franchise affiliations or car dealers that specialize in a different make of car), are considered new businesses and aren’t eligible for rebranding. If your business is ineligible, first mark the existing business listing as permanently closed, then create a new listing using your new business identity.
Departments within other business, universities, or institutions
Departments within businesses, universities, hospitals, and government institutions may have their own listings on Google.
Publicly-facing departments that operate as distinct entities should have their own page. The exact name of each department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments. Typically such departments have a separate customer entrance and should each have distinct categories. Their hours may sometimes differ from those of the main business.
- Acceptable (as distinct listings):
- "Walmart Vision Center"
- "Sears Auto Center"
- "Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Dermatology"
- Not acceptable (as distinct listings):
- The Appleproducts section of Best Buy
- The hot food barinside Whole Foods Market
For each department, the category that is the most representative of that department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments.
- The main business "Wells Fargo" has the category "Bank" whereas the department "Wells Fargo Advisors" has the category "Financial Consultant"
- The main business "South Bay Toyota" has the category "Toyota Dealer" whereas the "South Bay Toyota Service & Parts" has the category "Auto Repair Shop" (plus the category "Auto Parts Store")
- The main business "GetGo" has the category "Convenience Store" (plus the category "Sandwich Shop") whereas the department "GetGo Fuel" has the category "Gas Station", and the department "WetGo" has the category "Car Wash"
Individual practitioners (e.g. doctors, lawyers, real estate agents)
An individual practitioner is a public-facing professional, typically with his or her own customer base. Doctors, dentists, lawyers, financial planners, and insurance or real estate agents are all individual practitioners. Listings for practitioners may include title or degree certification (e.g. Dr., MD, JD, Esq., CFA).
An individual practitioner should create his or her own dedicated listing if:
- He or she operates in a public-facing role. Support staff should not create their own listings.
- He or she is directly contactable at the verified location during stated hours.
A practitioner should not have multiple listings to cover all of his or her specializations.
Multiple practitioners at one location
If the practitioner is one of several public-facing practitioners at this location:
- The organization should create a listing for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
- The title of the listing for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization.
Solo practitioners that belong to branded organizations
If a practitioner is the only public-facing practitioner at a location and represents a branded organization, it's best for the practitioner to share a listing with the organization. Create a single listing, named using the following format: [brand/company]: [practitioner name].
Acceptable: "Allstate: Joe Miller" (if Joe is the sole public-facing practitioner at this Allstate-branded location)
Other items of note
Fraudulent or illegal activities aren’t tolerated on Google and may result in account suspension and removal of business information from search results.
Marketing, promotions, or other contests
Any promotion, marketing, contests, or other giveaways should clearly link to the terms of the activity and provide clear guidelines and qualifications. All such promises, given or implied, should be adhered to.
Note: Google reserves the right to suspend access to Google My Business or other Google Services to individuals or businesses that violate these guidelines, and may work with law enforcement in the event that the violation is unlawful.
Please help with google my business
What i write here follow the steps it will create a business in same location ok
You having two business but one location ok
You can choose multiple business option in tool or gmail showing my business option visit that option multiple business in same location ok