My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Opening hours keep changing to Closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A few the Bill's restaurants have pointed out that their opening times are wrong on Google, particularly that they are shut on Sunday's, which isn't good.

These restaurants were all updated by Google (all are open on Sunday):

Bath, Berkhamsted, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Epsom, Exeter and Farnham

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=bath%20bill%27s%20res...

Screenshot showing example:

http://imgur.com/EjNOLgg

We haven't changed the listings, what could be causing this?

Thanks

Chris

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Opening hours keep changing to Closed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chris
there might be several reasons (a while ago there was an issue frequently causing such hours changes)

I can't see from your links whether or not the restaurants in question are verifeid Local Pages and managed by oyu in your dahsboard of GoogleMyBuisness.
In case they are please correct the hours through oyur dahboard.
In case it happens again please contact business support -
And in case this doesn't stop such changes come back to here please.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

These are all verified pages and are managed by us, so each time it happens we have to update them through the dashboard.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
got it - seems the older issue rised up again So please and in case it happens again please contact business support The best way to get support: support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en <> And in case this doesn't stop such changes come back to here please.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm not super up on my UK restaurant scene so I wasn't able to find any examples of this for the restaurant you mentioned, but Google's information on your business pulls from a ton of sources. One of the most common reasons the data can revert to something incorrect, is that you've got the incorrect information out there in the wild somewhere that Google's pulling from. I did a quick search through for your address + 'closed' and so on, but couldn't find anything in a few minutes, but it might be worth taking a closer look just to see. 

You might also put proper schema markup on the site. Check out this article and you'll see the gist... this definitely isn't guaranteed to fix things, but it helps to give Google yet another source of information they can trust. 

After you do those two things (look for other sites with wrong hours for the locations in question, and adding schema for hours on the website) if it still reverts back, you'll need to call up Google, or post here again and get someone to escalate it. Good luck @Chris H!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi

Actually we had this issue in few accounts and we had to contact GMB team via phone to get this fixed and we had to do it one by one. Process can be quite annoying but from my experience this was the best way to get this solved.