My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

One master account or separate account for each GMB client?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We use three separate master accounts to handle all of our clients for GMB, an MCC account for adwords, and a master account for GA. In the GMB homepage it has insights, reviews, Google+, GA, and adwords express. Is there a way tie GA and GMB in our GMB account?

When the master GMB account gets added as manager to a client's site, I then add the master GA account as a manager, but I can only see GA metrics in the GA master account or the owner account. Is there a better way to configure? Should we be using one master account for all three: GA, GMB, and adwords?

Thanks, 

Tim 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One master account or separate account for each GMB client?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tim,

It really depends on how you want to organize everything and what works best for you.

In regards to connecting Analytics with GMB, there is a help doc here to get you started - https://support.google.com/business/answer/4708936?hl=en
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Colan,

I have gone through steps, and have some GMB accounts that are showing GA, and others that are not. Again, we have three separate master accounts: GMB, Adwords, and GA. So the GA account (with 80 separate profiles) is already created. In one instance, I made the master GA account a manger for a GMB Location and GA data is in there. I did the same thing for another account and the GA data does not show up.

Why would that data be in one account and not the other?

Tim 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Also, I am finding there is not much difference from a the master GMB account we use and the business account. Is there any real advantage creating a business account?