AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

One master account or separate account for each GMB client?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We use three separate master accounts to handle all of our clients for GMB, an MCC account for adwords, and a master account for GA. In the GMB homepage it has insights, reviews, Google+, GA, and adwords express. Is there a way tie GA and GMB in our GMB account?

When the master GMB account gets added as manager to a client's site, I then add the master GA account as a manager, but I can only see GA metrics in the GA master account or the owner account. Is there a better way to configure? Should we be using one master account for all three: GA, GMB, and adwords?

Thanks, 

Tim 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One master account or separate account for each GMB client?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tim,

It really depends on how you want to organize everything and what works best for you.

In regards to connecting Analytics with GMB, there is a help doc here to get you started - https://support.google.com/business/answer/4708936?hl=en
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Colan,

I have gone through steps, and have some GMB accounts that are showing GA, and others that are not. Again, we have three separate master accounts: GMB, Adwords, and GA. So the GA account (with 80 separate profiles) is already created. In one instance, I made the master GA account a manger for a GMB Location and GA data is in there. I did the same thing for another account and the GA data does not show up.

Why would that data be in one account and not the other?

Tim 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Also, I am finding there is not much difference from a the master GMB account we use and the business account. Is there any real advantage creating a business account?