My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

One blog post for multiple pages (franchises)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Australian Technical Services

2. 80 Patterson Rd, Bentleigh VIC 3204, Australia

3. 1300 287 000

4. https://www.google.com/+AtsAuSpringvale (although we have multiple pages)

Hi there,

We're keen on increasing our Google+ activity with frequent blog posts. However, we have over 50 franchises across the country, thus an original post per page would be incredibly time consuming, almost pointless. We're considering posting our weekly post on each page per week, or perhaps a schedule to balance out the frequency. Does this violate any Google T&C, or could it be perceived as spamming? Is there a limit on the number of times you can post your blog write up considering you have multiple pages? Each post will be relevant for each of the franchisees as its industry based content, not franchisee related. 

Thanks for your help 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarah A
March 2016

Re: One blog post for multiple pages (franchises)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sarah A

Google+ business pages are hardly visible to the general public anymore - unless someone is searching inside Google+ (highly unlikely) or with the site: plus.google.com filter, they won't see your business page.

So, I wouldn't recommend spending the time on crafting posts for these pages, as it won't see any ROI.

However, visitors searching for your business will see reviews from customers; responses from business owners; photos; opening hours and contact details. I'd recommend putting time therefore into these areas: getting reviews, responding to both positive and negative ones, uploading high quality interesting photos (maybe even Virtual Tours if that suits your business model) and keeping your opening hours and contact details up to date.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarah A
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sarah A

Google+ business pages are hardly visible to the general public anymore - unless someone is searching inside Google+ (highly unlikely) or with the site: plus.google.com filter, they won't see your business page.

So, I wouldn't recommend spending the time on crafting posts for these pages, as it won't see any ROI.

However, visitors searching for your business will see reviews from customers; responses from business owners; photos; opening hours and contact details. I'd recommend putting time therefore into these areas: getting reviews, responding to both positive and negative ones, uploading high quality interesting photos (maybe even Virtual Tours if that suits your business model) and keeping your opening hours and contact details up to date.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Priya,

Unsure if you will receive this (my name is Marc, replying on behalf of Sarah), regarding your response to our question last week. Are you saying Google+, and Google My Business is essentially useless now? I’m quite shocked if that’s the case. Why are they still online, and why would Google allow users to continue creating them? I’ve seen some of our old Google+ posts show up in search results. Is this being phased out?

“Hi @Sarah A

Google+ business pages are hardly visible to the general public anymore - unless someone is searching inside Google+ (highly unlikely) or with the site: plus.google.com filter, they won't see your business page.

However, visitors searching for your business will see reviews from customers; responses from business owners; photos; opening hours and contact details. I'd recommend putting time therefore into these areas: getting reviews, responding to both positive and negative ones, uploading high quality interesting photos (maybe even Virtual Toursif that suits your business model) and keeping your opening hours and contact details up to date.”

Kind regards,
Marc P

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Marc,
That is not what Priya said.
She said that Google+ pages are essentially useless now that most Google products are disassociating themselves from Google+, including Google Maps, Web search and My Business.
Local business listings are very much useful, it is just that the information in the Local database is presented differently on Maps and Web search, and the links to the Google+ Local page are no longer displayed on those products.
Business owners should still create Local business listings through Google My Business,and for the time being a Google+ Local page would be created, but since the Google+ Local page can only be found on Google+ and given the recent changes to the look of the pages it is not worth spending anytime on promoting them and making posts.
I suspect, although no Google employee would confirm it, that eventually Google would drop Google+ pages altogether.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Marc,

What Treebles said :) and I'm sorry that my original message to Sarah was unclear.

Also, if you are seeing old Google+ posts show up in search, that is most likely because you are logged in to Google. Try searching incognito on the same keywords and I'm pretty confident the posts won't show up.