My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

One address, multiple locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Client has one leasing office and rents 3 apartment properties from that location. Currently on the property website the leasing office address and phone is being used and on the Google My Business Page the property address and phone is being used. This is being done because we are not able to use the leasing office address for multiple Google My Business Listings. This of course causes a NAP consistency problem. Can anyone suggest a way to resolve this? Ideally, the client would like to list multiple properties at the same leasing address.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One address, multiple locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Richard I

In accordance with Google guidelines https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086 "Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments" are not eligible for a Local page listing.

Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.

So, your client can only list the leasing office as a Local page. To resolve your NAP problem, you'll need to change the address and phone number on the current Local page from the apartment details to the leasing office details.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Priya

Currently there is a local page for each of the apartment communities. These are not individual homes or apartments but apartment complexes/communities. But ... it sounds like from the guidelines that only the leasing office is eligible for a Local Page is that a correct interpretation?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It seems to me that I heard there was a way to list multiple entities at one property. Like there are multiple doctors at one address or multiple lawyers at one address. This is a similar circumstance.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Richard I

You wrote: "But ... it sounds like from the guidelines that only the leasing office is eligible for a Local Page is that a correct interpretation?" - that is correct. In accordance with the guidelines, only the leasing office can have a local page.

You then wrote: "It seems to me that I heard there was a way to list multiple entities at one property. Like there are multiple doctors at one address or multiple lawyers at one address. This is a similar circumstance."

This circumstance is explicitly laid out in the guidelines: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086 and is only for individual practitioners (not entities). I strongly recommend reading the guidelines in their entirety to get the full picture but the essential bit is:

Individual practitioners (e.g. doctors, lawyers, real estate agents)

An individual practitioner is a public facing professional, typically with his or her own customer base. Doctors, dentists, lawyers, financial planners, and insurance or real estate agents all are individual practitioners. Pages for practitioners may include title or degree certification (e.g. Dr., MD, JD, Esq., CFA).

An individual practitioner should create his or her own dedicated page if:

• He or she operates in a public-facing role. Support staff should not create their own page.
  • He or she is directly contactable at the verified location during stated hours.

A practitioner should not have multiple pages to cover all of his or her specializations.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog