My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

One Ad for 70 My Business Locations using dynamic insertion of city

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have 70+ physical mobile phone store locations all across Australia, trading under the brand name Vodafone.

All of our 70+ locations are listed in our Google My Business account and visible as linked to our AdWords account. I want to create ONE Campaign and one ad that will dynamically insert the {city} into the ad copy depending on the searcher's location/geo profile.

We have a location in North Sydney. So for example, if a person who is in in North Sydney searches for "Vodafone shop" or "Vodafone store", my ad copy will say "Come see us at your local {North Sydney} Vodafone store"

Neither Location Extensions nor Dynamic Keyword Insertion functionality achieves this goal.

Facebook has functionality that achieves this goal. Once our Location pages have the data, one ad will dynamically insert the {city/suburb} as I describe above.

With Google, I have to do 70+ Campaigns, each with its own Location Extension and Dynamic Keyword Insertion in order to achieve my goal.

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One Ad for 70 My Business Locations using dynamic insertion of cit

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Sean,

It does not seem to be possible. As Dynamic Keywords Insertion is not supported anymore, and Dynamic Keyword Insertion or Ad Customizers do not seem to address your situation. I know it is frustrating.

Would you be willing to setup campaigns or ad groups for each location in bulk through AdWords Editor (Shouldn't take long to duplicate and find and replace keywords) to achieve your goal? It definitely increases setup and management time but achieves your goal.