My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

New GMB Posts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting notices that my Post on GMB is about to expire. Where is the setting for an expiration date? How can I extend the post for 30 days?

Gary

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DH Pace M
July

New GMB Posts

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Thanks @DH Pace M, @Helmut Geissler.

Posts enable merchants to share timely, relevant updates right on Google Search and Maps. They're shown on the default view for the first 7 days (or when the event date the post referenced has passed), and beyond that in their historical view under the Posts tab on mobile. 

Right now, editing a post will not change the creation date.

View solution in original post

New GMB Posts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

actually you can't. Post are  by default valid and shown 7 days only

I'm just testing little bit  (just editing an posting after I got the expiring note in order to check it will make the post showing further (for one more week I hope)

I beieive knowing more  in two days.

Accepted by topic author DH Pace M
July

New GMB Posts

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Thanks @DH Pace M, @Helmut Geissler.

Posts enable merchants to share timely, relevant updates right on Google Search and Maps. They're shown on the default view for the first 7 days (or when the event date the post referenced has passed), and beyond that in their historical view under the Posts tab on mobile. 

Right now, editing a post will not change the creation date.

New GMB Posts

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks @Amir F for the clarification

New GMB Posts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Amir F,

Do you know if adding posts to locations will be available through the GMB API any time soon? I realize that v3.3 was release in late April. Didn't know if this new feature would be available for systematic updates rather than manual one-by-one submissions. Appreciate any insight here.

New GMB Posts

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hey Amanda - unfortunately I don't have any news to share about this at this moment. Meanwhile, you can submit your info here to request to join the experiments the Posts API: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EKH1GsxTGcJ_7bYT1DcA6Tbf8tfnVOYA_HAaacuoNxc/viewform?ts=594a90e7&ed... .

New GMB Posts

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If I enter a Post as an Event, and enter the duration (start date/time and end date/time) will the Post activated/deactivate based on the duration I entered?  Thank you Amir.

New GMB Posts

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

yep @Carolyn H

it should deleted if the event is expired

New GMB Posts

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Helmut ... but does the start date determine when the post will be activated?  I just need confirmation that the dates I enter activate/deactivate the post.  Thanks much.

New GMB Posts

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I tested again, entered tomorrow (Thurs) as the start date and Friday as the end date.  Published immediately instead of a scheduled start date tomorrow (Thurs).  It sure would be handy to schedule posts but it is what it is for now.