My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

National Chain - 100+ Locations - Transfer Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

We have created a new Business Account within Google My Business and currently own 98 locations for our client.  However, there are 2 listings that we also manage (they are located in a separate folder) but we do NOT have ownership rights and therefore, we are unable to transfer them to the new Business Account. 

D&B - Screenshot.png

When we click on "Who has access" to these accounts, it does not give us an option to Request Ownership nor does it show the email that the account is owned by. 

After clicking on the new Business Account, I also tried to import the other listings but it says we already "manage" the locations.

Any idea how to transfer these 2 accounts to the our new Business Account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sean L
August

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Sean L,

Ideally you should talk to corporate to see if they can contact these locations to flag down the original owners of the listings. If that doesn't work, I would recommend removing yourself as a manager from the locations where you have manager only access, then try individually adding those listings from within the new business account. 

When you manually add the listing, you should get a notification that the business has already been created with an option to request ownership.

You can also try using the bulk upload function after removing yourself as a manager from the listings, and they'll likely be flagged as "Access Needed" which will also give you a link to request ownership. 

Best of luck,

Max

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sean L
August

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Sean L,

Ideally you should talk to corporate to see if they can contact these locations to flag down the original owners of the listings. If that doesn't work, I would recommend removing yourself as a manager from the locations where you have manager only access, then try individually adding those listings from within the new business account. 

When you manually add the listing, you should get a notification that the business has already been created with an option to request ownership.

You can also try using the bulk upload function after removing yourself as a manager from the listings, and they'll likely be flagged as "Access Needed" which will also give you a link to request ownership. 

Best of luck,

Max

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Max - I appreciate your prompt response! :)

We managed to resolve this issue.  I had our client use their personal Gmail address (that was not linked to the listings) and request a transfer of ownership and it worked!

Keep well!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sean and Max,

I need to basically do the same thing, but would like to clarify before doing it. I have a Manager level access but also had the overall owner access under our corporate account. However, shortly after our previous Marketing Assistant left, this account must have been disabled by the marketing company that originally set us up. We, both myself and the corporate marketing team has reached out to them to no avail to either recreate the email or transfer ownership completely.

I have tried finding the request ownership so I can go through the appeal process, but this is a corporate account with 90+ locations within it. We just added 30 locations and I now need to get these verified and I do not want to go through the postcard method.

Do I need to be an owner of this account? It is the Primary Owner of this account which I can no longer access. I have a gmail account I can use.

Thanks for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Marcya - I would be more than happy to try and help but it might be easier to chat on a call. 

Feel free to send me some times/dates next week and we'll set something up - here's my contact:  sean@aperimedia.com

Talk soon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much Sean! I did keep researching this and then went for it.

I created a new business profile and then transferred all properties to the new profile. Once I did this, then I was able to verify these locations in bulk as a chain.

The old one still exists, but the primary owner email does not. I am still a manager on it, so I am just keeping myself on it just in case. There are no other owners on it.

Again, thank you for getting back to me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Excellent - glad it worked out! :)