My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

My main location for a hospital has been blacklisted?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name: Northwest Community Hospital, commonly called "NCH"
2. Current business address: 800 W. Central Rd, Arlington Heights, IL, 60005
3. Current telephone number: 847-618-1000
4. Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/110601313410908498324

Recently (it coincided with when the local yellow book was updated) for organic result pages that correspond to the main ways people find our hospital (such as Googling our hospital's name), the "Google business summary" module (where it often combines Google Maps information with Wikipedia entries, etc.) was updated with wrong information. One incorrect listing (for a business center) had supplanted the correct listing for the hospital. It incorrectly displayed information for a business center that is owned by the hospital, but miles away from the hospital itself (and not a site of care). I worked with a Google rep over the phone for about two weeks and ultimately the incorrect listing was deactivated in an effort to stop sending people with medical emergencies to the wrong place. 

However, the correct listing for our hospital never started showing back up. Since then, we've received multiple complaints.

The Google Business page in question has more than 76 reviews, all of which are responded to, and the profile itself is 100% complete. 

Do you have any recommendations? Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My main location for a hospital has been blacklisted?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I can't see it "blacklisted" or anyhow wrong and it shows 77 reviews alltogether.

I refer to https://plus.google.com/110601313410908498324/about

and it comes up with this specification as 

Northwest Community Hospital (NCH)

+1 847-618-1000

Screenshot 2016-03-23 at 22.26.12.png

what exactly is wrong with my screenshot?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks very much for your reply. Your screencap is perfect; if it showed up like that all the time (or even a majority of the time) there would be no issue. Curious: what happens when you search for ONLY the name of the hospital (Northwest Community Hospital)?

For me, when not logged in to my Google account, this is what I see. Note how the wikipedia snippet is there but not any sort of business summary from Google Maps. In fact, the main hospital's location listing isn't listed in the Maps section at all. You do see, however, various other locations (addresses and phone numbers) for other buildings owned by the organization.
http://content.screencast.com/users/Tim.K/folders/Jing/media/e01d4c88-eb06-4d58-a63e-7b51d32b2f60/20...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2016-03-23_1633.png

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I then get the same as your screen capture shows.
However the knowledge graph has nothings to do with any local GoogleMyBusiness page as those are listed in the below three pack and under the link below "More places"
While I nevertheless agree clicking "More places" will not list you further down I can provide yo with the fact that some of the listed practicioners have the same phone number like yours "+1 847-618-1000.
This could be the reason for a kind of penalizing of your hospital>

Here a few listings with the same phone number and addresses as your "Northwest Community Hospital (NCH)":

Tamer S. Noureldin, M.D.
Northwest Community Hospital: Bhakta Harsh N DO
Northwest Community Hospital: Mann Rubeal S MD
Robeela Deans, NP