My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple office locations with the same number

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To whom it may concern,

Here is our situation, we are a property administrator with leasing offices that are over 30 different locations which have all leasing offices availabilities.  Is it possible to list all of those 30 locations properties on google businesses with te same phone number?

For example, the company Regus has many office space rental availabilities and were listed in differents addresses and differents phone numbers.

You can see in the google map locations

https://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=office+rental+space+montreal&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&g...

But our case, is that we have many leasing offices availabilities with differents addresses but one phone number.

I've been reading the Google Listing Guideline and I believe that ''Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.'' for Listing Leasing Offices on Google Listing.

Can you help us to list our leasing offices as Regus.

Kind Regards,

GM

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Groupe M

Sorry, NOT IF GETTING FOUND IS YOU'RE GOAL.

It is my understanding that Google prefers those with local numbers for those "Google My Business" listings showing in search results. (especially when using a mobile device) My personal interpretation of comments made by Google ranking engineers like veteran Paul H., is that "local" elements found in a "GMB" listing like that of telephone numbers is seen linked to "user experience" and at the moment seems to me to becoming an even more important element linked to Google SERPs.

FYI: I found this in the Google Guidelines...

Website and phone

Provide a phone number that connects to your individual business location as directly as possible, and provide one website that represents your individual business location.

• Use a local phone number instead of central, call center helpline number whenever possible.
  • Do not provide phone numbers or URLs that redirect or "refer" users to landing pages or phone numbers other than those of the actual business, including pages created on social media sites.

I would like to share a possible solution. MAYBE?

Think in reverse and solve this at the source. One example may be to provide new numbers or best if you can probably use the existing local numbers and move the rest. Hard to consider from my perspective. But, simply forward the call to your main much like a national answering service would probably set-up.

We have used similar communications ourselves as we are an international company.

Best of luck with this, sounds doable.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the use of the phone number upon multiple listings as you shared originally in my interpretation is OK and not against the guidelines. It does fall far short of what I would consider the most optimal move when considering each listings on-line visibility.  HOPE THIS HELPS...