My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple locations in many countries to be managed by one person

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear community,

i have a few questions, that i can't find answers for in Help Docs.

The company i work for operates in many countries. We have many shops in  those countries - in total around 1000 businesses.

Many of those 1k aren't in Google My Business, and we'd like to be able to manage all of them.

Our plan is:

1. Check list of all shops - which are visible in maps and which aren't.

1a. Those that are visible - will grant me managerial priviliges.

1b. For those that aren't in maps, i will create bulk xls file for importing it to Google My Business.

Questions:

1.1. Shops have different names. Some are called lets say: ABC Lisboa, some are called ABC Portugal, some are call BlaBla ABC. In Bulk file example the name of the company is the same in all rows... Can i have different names?

1.2. Websites: some shops have their own websites like abc-lisboa.pt, but some have a subpage on main national website, for example abc.pt/lisboa-shop

Can i submit it like that - some shops will be on main domain as a subpage, and some will have separate websites?

1.3. How would verification in this situation look like?

Email may be a problem. I have a HQ email so john.smith@abc.com but entities that i would submit, have different domains, .pt, .co.uk etc, and most of them have separate websites. Will i have a problem with verification? If yes, then, it is possible for me to set up many emails, for each country john.smith@abc.pt john.smith@abc.co.uk and so on. Would that be any help? It won't be possible to setup 1000 emails for each separate shop's website for sure.

1.3. If i can do it from one email or from national email, how would verification look like? Can i somehow avoid post-cards? It will be difficult for me to coordinate getting codes from all local shops - or even impossible. What i could coordinate is adding those website to Google Search Console though... but it would be difficult anyway.

1.4. For 1a - when they add me as a manager - will i start to see this business in my account, and will i be able to edit them with bulk xls imports ?

If some of you know answeres to these questions, that would be grrreat. 

Big thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers

R.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple locations in many countries to be managed by one person

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Roman B

For ease of use and to avoid confusion in the years to come, I would probably set up each country on its own bulk management account.

You can have different names.

The website URLstructures can vary

The way bulk management verification works is this. You upload the spreadsheet, a Google rep / algorithm works through the busiensses and attempts to verify that they do indeed exist at that address.

If they are all well documented then they will be verified. If they cannot be verified by online data, then you can discuss with business support to help get them verified : Image of shop, signage, etc etc.

If this then cant be established then postcard would be the option.

Yes you can ask already verified business pages to add you as a manager and these will appear within the main account dashboard. >> https://business.google.com/manage/#list

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Roman B

I intentionally hesitate tlo answer on all of your questions and (sub)questions.

Lemme tell you the main point:

GoogleMyBusiness doesn't offer any option to manage all locations of  a global player in several countries be one business account created as describend in here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6085339?hl=en

You have to create and manage all locations for one specific  country in one specific business account (best would be to do this by a bulk feed)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tim Capper @Helmut Geissler 

thank you guys for both answeres!

Let's say then, that i have separate business accounts for each market.

I've used bulk uploads for all countries' businesses, and it's generally all right.

Could you please let know, how long does it take for Google to verify next changes? Let's say, that a shop requires a change of opening hours or a photo - how long would that take if i'd use "bulk upload mode"?

I am thinking about getting requests from local shops during a month, and once a month - updating of full bulk file.

Does that sound reasonable?

Cheers,

Roman

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Roman B

Once you have used bulk upload, they appear in your dashboard >> https://business.google.com/manage/#/list

In the dashboard you can update 1 business or all business in minutes.

This is what the dashboard looks like:

Google My Business.png

Then the individual location

Google My Business2.png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a bunch!