My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple listings for more than 1 area but for the same business

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Please could somebody help! I registered a new location which published only to un publish my existing one!!! The business details are below

i Gas Engineers Plumbing & Heating

Eversley Cottage

Kingsworthy 

SO237QN

https://plus.google.com/u/0/104505957914852229765

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple listings for more than 1 area but for the same business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bert M

Can you please explain what you mean by , " I registered a new location which published only to un publish my existing one!!!"

You can only have 1 business page per business, no matter how many locations you serve.

If you want to add a location to your service area, then add this in your business address section:

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Multiple listings for more than 1 area but for the same business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply, I see but then maybe I miss understand how it works as I'm looking at the manage locations page and I thought you could add as many as you serve? The address has now change on the listing but I would like to keep the original one how do I change it back please? Also it's now saying 

"This location has updated information from Google users or other sources. Review these published updates to make sure that they're accurate. Learn more ACCEPT ALL UPDATES?"

You said about "if you want to add a location to your service area, then add this in your business address section:" but isn't that just putting in the radius you serve? the problem with this is it doesn't allow you to appear in search results in the other areas you serve?

Re: Multiple listings for more than 1 area but for the same business

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Bert M

You can either set a service radius ( anything over 40 miles dilutes the signals ) or you can set the physical location itself. 

Just because you set the service area or location, does not mean you will appear in the top results for that area, because there may be other closer, more authoritative business serving that area.

See: Ranking Factors of a Google Business Listing

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership