My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple businesses in the same location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Should we submit all addresses which are already appearing correct in Google when we are submitting multiple other addresses in Google using bulk list verification method? we have more than 300 business locations but many of them are repeating as we are showing single address for multiple states/countries in website. Some of them are appearing correctly in Google but some are not.

Should we also submit such addresses in Google targeting same address but for different countries.

For example: Our Paris office is shown for more than 40 other states/countries in the EMEA region. and we want to show Paris address visible in Google when someone searches from other country/state. Should we submit this Paris address 40 times in our bulk listing with different state/country in respective fields.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kamal G
March 2016

Re: Multiple businesses in the same location

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Kamal,
Google Local is for businesses that have a physical presence in the city/town where they are listed and deal with the customers in-person face to face, so you could not create a Local listing for those countries where the business is not physically located.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Kamal G,

I'm not sure that I entirely understand your question, but going to do my best to answer! I would first, recommend this article for information on editing bulk locations which should address your first question. 

For your second question, you should only submit one address for each location. I'm not sure what you mean by "same address but for different countries." Can you explain more, or let me know if the information provided has answered your question? 

Regarding the submitting the same address multiple times over, this is not recommended, as you're only able to have one page claimed and verified for each location. You should only submit the address for your Paris location, for example, once--this would then show up whenever users look for your Paris office.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need more clarification.

Thanks,

Liz

GMB Community Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your response Liz. Let me explain what I mean from "same address but for different countries"
In our website, we are providing all our local addresses on one page named worldwide locations. There are some countries for which our business don't have physical address but we have provided the address of other nearby country. For example, Our office address of Paris is mentioned for more that 30 countries including Algeria, Burundi, Egypt etc. i.e. Single address (Paris address) is provided for all EMEA countries in the website worldwide locations page. or we can say company want customers of Algeria to Contact Paris office for queries or personal visits.

What I want to know is that will it be right approach if I add this Address for multiple countries in spreadsheet to be used for bulk address verification. Will Google show the address of Paris in Algeria, Egypt etc?

Hope the query is clear now :)
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kamal G
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Kamal,
Google Local is for businesses that have a physical presence in the city/town where they are listed and deal with the customers in-person face to face, so you could not create a Local listing for those countries where the business is not physically located.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Answered : Multiple businesses in the same location

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kamal,

I surely understand your concern and here is what you should do to make sure that your business page is showing up on all the countries where you have or don't have a physical location. Looking at the type of business you have I assume you you provide services and also serve customers at your Physical location if they decide to walk in.

As per Google My Business Policy you cannot create multiple businesses at same address however you have an option to be visible in all these countries where you do not have an option its called (Physical Location with Service Area).

While creating a Business Page for your Physical Location office you get an option to choose If you provide services to your customer at their location you will need to check that option and after that you will get a box to type the cities, countries you provide services you need to type all the neighboring countries where you do not have a physical address.

Example : Create Business Listing for your office address in Paris & in Service area type other countries like Algeria, Burundi, Egypt, etc.

Once you do it be assured that your business will pop up on maps when someone search's for your Business Type in any of these countries.

In case you have already created Business Pages for all these locations you can Log into Google My Business Dashboard > Click Manage Location>Edit Info Option>Click Address>Check I Serve customers at their location and add desired countries.

Here is How to Do It Click Here

Feel free to revert in case you need any further help.

Thank you

Tahir Mirza 

*Note: This post has been edited to delete irrelevant signature information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Question can I have 2 businesses at same location Google Places? If so how do we add additional company

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Renee F

Hello Renee,

As per Google My Business Policies you can only create/have 1 Business Page per Location/Address. However if you are running multiple business from same location then you should have different Suite #'s or Floor #'s so that Google Maps/Location Services can identify it correctly.

Regards

Tahir Mirza

NEXT TIME:-

Request you to please start your own thread providing all information for us to understand and investigate your issue.

This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tahir:

I have a question about Rich Snippets have a WooCommerce store using Yoast
SEO plugins we fillout out the Snippet however see error in Google
Structured Data Tool for Product states following: (The property
*breadcrumb* is not recognized by Google for an object of type *Product*.) any
idea how to fix this?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Renee F

I guess you are getting Error "The property Review-aggregate/brand is not recognised by Google for an object of type Review-aggregate."

This is out of personal experience Check this out Here 

as I have also been facing this Issue and I was able to identify that my microdata was incorrect. 

Also refer to Google Search : https://developers.google.com/search/ 

This Link should also be helpful

Thank you

Regards

Tahir Mirza

NEXT TIME:-

Request you to please start your own thread providing all information for us to understand and investigate your issue.

This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Multiple businesses in the same location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @ElizabethP i want to ask you, how can i get two same business places with different address in one list because i can't use the bulk management service cause not reach the quantity.