My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple branches in the same location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone

I'm new here so apologies if I've missed anything...

My team manages three car rental brands across Europe, some of which have branches in the same physical location. As some currently share a phone line, we're seeing various conflicts and duplication error messages. While we work on a solution, I wondered if anyone here had experience in this area and might be able to offer some advice on best practice?

An example would be Park Lane in London - we have Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Exotics by Enterprise branches in the same physical location - Q Park Car Park, Park Lane, London, W1K 7AN. 

I just tried pasting links but I got an invalid message, sorry!

Thanks

Matthew Harfield

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple branches in the same location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Dan A

let me ask a question:

I read you are managing car rental locations and at such a location there could be just one landline number but there are three car rentals.

suppose i would call the landline number:

How get I indicated  wich of the three  business I'm calling?

This asked:

Any business at a location should have a unique "identity: and the phone number is an important part of their identity 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Matthew,

How do you have the listings set up - are they in the same account or separate accounts? Do you have the business name and URLs differentiated for each brand?

I work for an agency that manages the US/CA listings. We have a different account set up for each brand. I have pasted a URL below showing a National and Alamo location with the same address and phone number.

https://www.google.com/search?q=car+rental+missoula+mt&oq=car+rental+missoula+mt&aqs=chrome..69i57j6...

Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions!

Heather Ottenhausen

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Thanks for responding!

At the moment we're working on having separate lines for each brand, so I understand that branch staff answer phone calls stating which brands are present. I'm hoping for an interim solution to ensure all brands are represented on Maps.

Thanks
Matthew

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Heather O

Thanks for responding Heather!

They are separate accounts under one log-in, if that makes sense. The business names and URLs are clearly separated too. I just wondered how others were approaching this particular issue - whether they used completely different Google accounts etc.