My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Office Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for a company with two locations. Our main office is in London, and there is a smaller office outside of London. Both have been claimed using Google Businesses.

When I Google search the company name from the office in London, the SERP displays the details of the smaller office on the right, instead of the main London office.

How do I get the London office to display on the right? 

I've read through lots of similar questions/answers on various forums, but none seem to have this specific issue. I'm in London, so the London office would be the most relevant - right?
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple Office Locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Joe H

Naturally Google tries to return the best possible based on location. However it may also be the way you have structured your location pages or site.

The simplest way for the head office to show more often then not, would be to have head office address in footer of site. This would reinforce its importance.

What it the website, I'll take a look and see if there is anything else

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tim, it's charlesrussellspeechlys.com. There are actually two locations outside of London, but only one is causing the issue.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Joe H

Searching Business Name presents me with a Brand pack with London Head office displayed 1st  ( I'm outside London )

screencapture (43).png

Then Searching name and London specific it returns the main head office

screencapture (44).png

So I canno

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm, that's very strange - are you outside the UK? This is what I see:

Capture.PNG

I'm beginning to think it may have something to do with the firm's IT/network structure

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Joe H

I am in Northamptonshire

PS: that business name violates guidelines, they should all be : Charles Russell Speechlys  without descriptor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for all your help, Tim. Will take that on board and make the necessary changes as I'm new at the company and trying to tidy up our web presence.

Thanks again, Joe

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Looking at my first reply, it cut a whole section off without publishing.

Bit its cut off :

Organisation structured data, does not include the Business Name and I would also add the main london business page within sameAs

screencapture (45).png

So add Full Organisation name and the London business page URL to the sameAs

The other bit that was cut off, is to add the proper embeded map on the london page >>

http://www.charlesrussellspeechlys.com/offices/london/

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d9931.609264215298!2d-0.1041716!3d51.5150081!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x0%3A0xd96e7a7b722435e2!2sCharles+Russell+Speechlys!5e0!3m2!1sen!2suk!4v1461168244481" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This platform winds me right up : )

Tim Capper
Google My Business Top Contributor (UK) and SEO consultant at Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi i wants jobe please help me

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Salman K

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

And please elaborate in the new thread your question - making clear waht "jobe" should be