My Business
6K members online now
6K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm new to GMB. 

We are a podiatrist company with 18 locations however 17 of them are run out of other businesses e.g. doctors or physio clinics.

When previously searching for our company on Google we were there but with either incorrect information or not enough information.

I've since registered our solo clinic this morning on GMB but wanting how I go about this for the other 17 sites?

Is there a way to manage all locations for a business?

Perhaps if a patient is wanting to see us OR a podiatrist and we have all locations added we may come up for a location in the area they are googling?

Any help would be appriciated

Re: Multiple Locations

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Hayley D,

A few things to consider here that will make your process go as smooth as possible. 

If you are over 10 locations, you are eligible for Bulk Verification, go here and follow these directions https://support.google.com/business/answer/4490296?hl=en

BUT first, there are a few things to consider;

Your previous searches on Google that show incorrect business information is directly caused by the fact that you haven't verified the listings. Therefore, Google is pulling/trying to 'organize' your information from data it crawls on the web. Once you verify/claim the locations, you will have control over setting and updating the pertinent business information i.e.; photos, hours, links to website, phone number, address, etc. 

Another thing to be aware of is if you can differentiate the listings from the clinic by listing a different phone number and/or suite #, this will help with future issues with Google automatically updating the listing. Once you get all these locations verified, you'll want to check on them once a month to make sure Google hasn't changed any of the information you initially inputted (Google constantly will change a businesses's info if it 'thinks' such info is most relevant based on what else is out there on the web about the business, the one way to avoid these updates is to have consistent information across the web for example, on your website, Google My Business/Maps listings, other directory listings, etc.)

More pointers; since you are doing 'practitioner' style pages, here are some general guidelines to go by, please read below. The Full link is here but don't bother clicking until you've read below (https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en): 

Multiple practitioners at one location

If the practitioner is one of several public-facing practitioners at this location:

• The organization should create a listing for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
  • The title of the listing for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization.

Solo practitioners that belong to branded organizations

If a practitioner is the only public-facing practitioner at a location and represents a branded organization, it's best for the practitioner to share a listing with the organization. Create a single listing, named using the following format: [brand/company]: [practitioner name].

Acceptable: "Allstate: Joe Miller" (if Joe is the sole public-facing practitioner at this Allstate-branded location)

I hope this helps and feel free to respond if you need further help.