My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Google Places with the same Google+ page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have two google places but is the same business and the same company. The places were created and with that a lot of other Google information and tools.

Is it possible to have only one Google+ page for this 2 places?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

André Figueiredo

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author André Figueired
January 2016

Re: Multiple Google Places with the same Google page

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @André Figueired

From your questions I think there's just a small misunderstanding in how the Google eco-system works.

To have your stores on Google Maps (so people can get directions) you need to create individual Google+ local pages for them. The information on these pages (telephone number, opening hours, website) then feeds through to Google search and Maps as well.

There is no other way to get your business added to Maps.

This does mean that each location has an individual Google+ local page, but once you've created it, you don't need to do anything to that page - other than keep the hours / contact details up to date. You can create a single Brand page for your entire business that provides updates in one centralised location (Google+) if you wish to use the social features of Google+.

I hope this helps.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Nope That are two different locations in reality and they haveto have different Business pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This does not make any sense to me.

I have multiple stores, with same products, same business, and i want one Google+ page to advertise and share stuff, for all my stores.
I have another brand, growing fast and i want the same page for all the stores / google business places.

There has to be a better way or something to do about it.
Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
let me tell you that your "sense" might not be the sense or requirements of your customers to find and go to any specific location.

But It doesn't make much sense to me to discuss about facts of business pages (even local busines pages)

If the product "Google MyBusiness" doesn't fulfill your sense or requirements you are free to stuck on one brand page.
fro your company
Can also send to the engs a feedback

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

First of all, I'm trying to discuss this problem and find a solution. I thought forums were for it, to hear users/customers and to improve the service. I continue to love google products.

A Google Place is very diferente of a Google Page.
The place is useful to the maps, to route or to know what kind of business are in your region or travel place.
A page is useful to advertise or promote my business, wherever it is.

Otherwise, are you telling me that if i have 20 stores of the same brand, i have to manage 20 diferent pages that are all the same? I want to redirect the users that find my stores to the same Google+ Page.
Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
| are you telling me that if i have 20 stores of the same brand, i have to manage 20 different pages that are all the same? They are not all "the same" as they have to have different addresses. So my answer to the above would be "Yes" | I want to redirect the users that find my stores to the same Google+ Page. you can specify for each location page the same website of your business (and i believe it could be your brand page as well) | Am I missing something? Not that I'm aware of

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry Helmut, but you are not helping! You are not seeing the point.
Thank you.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author André Figueired
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @André Figueired

From your questions I think there's just a small misunderstanding in how the Google eco-system works.

To have your stores on Google Maps (so people can get directions) you need to create individual Google+ local pages for them. The information on these pages (telephone number, opening hours, website) then feeds through to Google search and Maps as well.

There is no other way to get your business added to Maps.

This does mean that each location has an individual Google+ local page, but once you've created it, you don't need to do anything to that page - other than keep the hours / contact details up to date. You can create a single Brand page for your entire business that provides updates in one centralised location (Google+) if you wish to use the social features of Google+.

I hope this helps.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi PriyaC,

Ok. Thank you.
I understand now, despite of a little confusion between the Google+ concept pages.

So, i think the best way is to create a new Google+ page for the brand and don't touch or share anything in the Google+ place pages.
Right?

Thanks again.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @André Figueired

That's correct.