My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Google+ Pages for Global Company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work with a company that sells their products around the world. They also offer their site in several different languages, and they are considering setting up a separate Google+ page for each language they target to interact on Google+ with potential customers in their native language.

To start off, they were thinking of setting up Google+ pages for the actual physical locations they have in different countries. Would you recommend they have one main brand page and then several Google+ Local pages for each location? The individual locations aren't exactly local businesses and would be serving a large geographic area - the whole country or region possibly.

Any advice and guidance on this would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple Google+ Pages for Global Company

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shay,

Yes it would make sense to have a main brand page and then several branches for their locations. It would also make sense to have several websites for each language.

- Stephen

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Shay,

Actually I don't think it would be appropriate to set up local pages if you're serving the whole country or a large geographic region. Google+ Local pages are designed for local business that provide in-person services, and will generally only show up for people searching in close proximity to the business location itself.

it is worth while looking at the guidelines: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086 to see if your business model is eligible for Google+ Local pages. And if so, then Google's page on search results for local business may be of interest as well: https://support.google.com/business/answer/7091?hl=en

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the input Priya. I agree that Google+ Local pages probably aren't the best fit considering these locations are intended to server a large geographic area. Do you think it would be appropriate for them to set up a different brand page for each language they target users in?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Shay,

Yes that would work.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog