My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Managing 1,000+ Service Area Businesses

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Scenario: A franchise has about a thousand franchisees all over Australia that provide services at their customers houses (SABs). All trading under one brand with a single website and phone number used as the contact point. Most franchisees do not have a Google Business page yet but they do have a page with information on the main website.

What is the best way to set up and manage all those business pages?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Managing 1,000+ Service Area Businesses

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Tony,
My Business Locations, the Bulk Upload service, cannot be used for service area business that provide services at the customers locations.
Please, see this help article.
https://support.google.com/business/answer/6104075

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Although @treebles, if they are franchises AND have customers visit the storefront, then it would not be in violation right?

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Ben, There are no storefronts. Leads are via phone/website and passed on the the local franchise, who visits the customer's house.

treeble, That's why I am asking the question. It looks like the only way is to manually create and verify 1,000 pages. It would be nice if there was some way to make that more efficient. e.g. Could I bulk upload and then manually set them to a SAB and verify? Is there any way to verify besides the postcard, which is often the only option given in Australia?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Gotcha Tony. I work with an Aus company that has about 80 locations. Similar model, law, phone calls. You will not be able to use bulk upload for SAB. So only way you can achieve what you are looking for is manually :(
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hello Ben,
That would be correct, but it is not he case for business described by Tony. He stated that the services are provided at the customers locations, in that case it is mandatory to hide the address and the bulk upload tool cannot be used.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Totally agree Treebles, I forgot to mention the hiding of the address :)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tony McCreath
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hello Tony,
I am afraid that you cannot bulk upload and then change them to SAB's with hidden addresses through the individual business dashboard.
This is an issue that is brought up from time to time but Google has not provided yet a solution for SABs with hidden addresses.
The individual franchisees would have to create and verify listings for their own locations. If you wish to help them manage them they can make you a manager of their own listings.
The other issue is the proximity of the franchisees. Typically, a SAB with hidden address is allowed only one listing for a given area. For a franchise business model that can be a problem if the franchisees are too close together, typically of the order on approximately 30 miles, but I do not know if Google makes exceptions for large urban areas or other cases.