My Business
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Manage Google+ & Google My Business for multi-location B2B company?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business has multiple offices throughout Australia but we have no 'store front' as we are a service provider.

We have setup Google My Business Locations for all offices addresses so that local searches for our business would trigger a Google My Business listing to appear (we decided to go down this path after an instance of another similarly named business' location listing appearing for our brand term).

We want to know where to best direct our customers to leave reviews and where we should post content, seeing as though we now have 5+ individual location pages?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Manage Google+ & Google My Business for multi-location B2B com

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
reading your post I doubt you are eligible for local pages at all (and in that cases there is no option to get reveiws either)
This doubt might be wrong only in case your local offices have a face-to-face contact to the customers of a certain service area.
What kind of service are oyu providing and what is the name of the business and your genral business website?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

To help with your question, please provide:
1. The Google Local Page URL
2. Your Website URL
3. Full Business name, Address and Phone number

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Our business name is Dealer Solutions www.dealersolutions.com.au.

We have a number of local pages at this stage as well as a Google+ page. We were hoping that the answer to this question will help us delete or create appropriate pages to best represent our business. We do deal face-to-face with some clients from our Brisbane office. We would like to be able to collect customer reviews.

We currently have this active Google+ page - https://plus.google.com/101919014159802744041/about

This is our head office Google Maps link - https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/dealer+solutions+brisbane/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x74a163d4a090e3a...

This is a Maps listing for one of our state offices - https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/dealer+solutions+melbourne/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x414e4e99168950...

Thanks in advance for your time :)
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Natasha,
Thanks you for providing all the details. From the look of things. While you are a software provider, you should qualify as a local business.

1. If you have a business that has a storefront, where there is distinct signage, in front of your office (where clients can visit you) then you can setup a storefront Local Business page. The Brisbane office in NSW sounds like it qualifies for this. You could setup the address with a service area and check "I also serve customers at my business address"
2. You satellite offices would be more considered service area offices. Only, if you go visit customers at their location. If you do not then you should not have a local business page for them.

For further clarifcation, please read this page: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

Hope this was of help.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ben,

Thanks for you informative and prompt reply.

We're still unsure of where to share content about our business as each local listing has an associated Google+ page.

Perhaps we should just have a single listing with our head office address. However, that's how we encountered the problem of people searching for us in Google in different states and another listing for a similarly named business appearing...

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Natasha,
I have AU clients that have service area businesses in 80 states across the AU. The way they manage it is with unique content on all of their G+ pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ben,

I was wondering whether you'd mind sharing an example of one of your clients with multiple Google+ pages across states?

I'm not sure if you meant AU... as we only have six states...

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Natasha,
Sorry I meant cities :) (counted them it is about 60)

I cannot post them here publicly. If you want to reach out to me personally I can show you an example.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ben,

Could you please also show me some examples of this?

Thanks.