My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Losing >20 verified Google business pages for one day !

D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

For some reason it doesnt show up at all one of my previous clients with multiple locations in California and Texas loses ~20 locations for 1-2 days. Right now they have in house webmaster, so i don't know what is did recently, but it's very strange for me that Business that had  >20 locations (all of them in the same G. Account), /no spam, no violations, no duplicates, etc/ for 1-2 days loses 95% of their locations.

All this location are G. verified and existing >1-2 years.

From user side if i try to search "Business Name " + Location

1. Most of them - No INFO on right side of them page

2. Some of them - Information with Permanently closed or Moved to other location.

As my client told me - they have only 2-3 locations right now in their GMB account. Nothing else.

Has anyone heard this?

Any advice will be appreciated !

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

To help with your question, please provide (for each listing):

1. The Google Local Page URL

2. Your Website URL

3. Full Business name, Address and Phone number

More than likely one or more of the locations violated some guidelines and that caused all listings to get suspended. 

Also a screenshot of the GMB page helps as well for each location. 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

>>> that caused all listings to get suspended.

as i know even during hard and soft suspensions  - locations need to be listed in your GMB account, but in this case all of of them just disappeared from G. account.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

So by disappearing, you mean literally not displaying in the GMB dashboard? That is very strange. 

Do you have any idea if there were multiple owners on the GMB listings?

It sounds like someone is making changes if some are not displaying the Knowledge Panel or if some are now marked closed or moved.

Are you a manager on any of the locations?

Have you contacted Google support?

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ben,

As i told it's my previous client, so i'm not the manager of that account (that's the reason why i don't post here location/business name/etc - i don't ask their permission to do this).

>>you mean literally not displaying in the GMB dashboard?

Yes, it's right.

>>Have you contacted Google support?

Yes, as i know their webmaster contacted google, as they told - "They have a plan how to restore it". 

But the question that i asked is -- How or why it's possible ? Anyone heard such a case ?

I don't sure what they changes (if it's their fault), the version of my client that it's their competitors report something. But even in that case, i can't understand 

1, why some of them disappeared' (from google and from dashboard)

2. Some of them listed as closed, and moved

-

If this is webmaster fault - and he did some changes - why any location listed as closed?

Is it possible that somebody (competitor) report location as closed - and google w/o owner notification change that location status to Permanently closed or moved ?

A lot of questions - and no answers.

thanks