My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Location conflict shop-in-shops

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

When we are a brand, we want to be found in maps. But what if we have 300 stores, which are shop in shops. How can we still be found in Google Maps!?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Stefan K,

I would need a little more context to give you a definitive answer.

Some considerations though;

Google is militant in regards to Google Maps directly reflecting what is in the 'real world'.

That being said, if someone can navigate to the business or a 'shop in a shop' and interact with someone that represents your brand, you may be eligible (even if it's within a department store).

If you are eligible according to guidelines, you can assign suite #'s to the locations and verify the listings, then change the location data of the pin to go exactly where the 'shop in a shop' is....Remember often times direction are for walking too!

Again, think digital to real world, if someone can't interact with a representative at the business at the location, its not within guidelines to have a legitimate map listing.

If you can give us an example of map listing links or examples of what you're trying to accomplish I can expand further. Thanks!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Eric,

Thank you for answering.

We are a company that manages locations for brands. 1 of our customers is a clothing brand and they are mostly located in big department stores. So, they have a shop within a shop.

This should be eligible I think.

Please let me know if we can manage to this now, or in the nearby future.

My very best,

Re: Location conflict shop-in-shops

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Stefan K

Is your client set up similar to something like this? Here is an example of a Louis Vuitton inside a Nordstrom. If so, you are eligible. My team and I have dealt with these nuances before for other 300+ location fashion boutique clients. I can reach out to my contacts at the Google My Business team if you are still experiencing issues. We are an Official Google City Partner. 

louis-vuitton-find-a-store-usa-louis-vuitton-seattle-nordstrom--Stfi_Louis_Vuitton_Seattle_Nordstrom_291_1_DI3.jpg