My Business
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Issues with GMB, East Coast Locations

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello! My organization is seeing several errors in listings located in Florida, Houston, Denver and a scattering of listings located in New York. When we look at the Plus Page, it has the appearance of not being a verified listing:

plus.pngblended_search.png

I addition, a verified listing when searched from Google's Blended results yields no panel on the right side. Is there a problem? Please let us know as it appears that more and more locations are having the same issue.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issues with GMB, East Coast Locations

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

It's an April 1st bug. There's an active thread about it on the Local Search Forum here:
http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local/40957-possible-bug-april-1-impacting-reviews-listings-g...

Whitespark also wrote a pretty good overview here:
http://www.whitespark.ca/blog/post/81-disappearing-google-local-listings-reviews-not-an-april-fools-...

To fix it, either log in and move your map pin for each broken location slightly, or upload a csv for your locations with a very small edit to the description field (like adding an extra space or something). That should ping them back to normal again. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
You get a star good sir! I've been looking for info on this all day. The recommendation to move the map marker is not a good solution for us as this would need to be repeated several hundred times, not to mention auditing 1000+ locations. There was mention that it would be resolved in 24-48 hours, supposedly from Google. What are your thoughts on this and thank you IMMENSELY for your answer.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Tim, do you have a bulk spreadsheet that you uploaded for these locations? I read that editing the business description and resubmitting the sheet has corrected the problem for some.

If you aren't up for that, hang in there. I'm guessing this will be fixed for all soon.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm just passing along what I've learned from other local search pros, I haven't even had to talk to Google yet today about this (or anything else) today, so I'm not sure, though if they say 24-48 hours, you're probably fine waiting? 

Like I mentioned in my post though, a bulk upload with a csv with very slight description changes should work as well if you don't want to wait. If you do decide to wait, you may want to put a few day hold on any review building efforts you've got going, since whatever 'leave a review' links you're using are going to temporarily broken. If you post on the local search thread above, you might be able to get direct feedback from a bulk user that's already done that for their account, if you'd like personal feedback before trying to do it yourself. 

Glad I could help!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you, maybe a quick download, a tiny edit for each and an upload might do the trick. I'll be testing and thank you so much!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
The hold times for Google are exceeding 20-30 minutes right now, but if I hear anything solid, I'll post here first. Please have a great weekend all!