My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Issue with Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there- 

I'm trying to help a client get access to her Google My Business listing. She verified it a few years ago, but she no longer remembers what email address/account she used to verify it. We've tried everything we can think of.. but still no luck accessing the GMB listing. Is there any way to see what email address was used to claim the page? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issue with Google My Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Annie A

It's not possible to view the full email address that was used to claimed the listing but Google will provide a hint (a characters of the email address). That might help her remember which one it is. I can check if you can tell me the business name, address and phone number.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@TomW, That would be so very helpful! The name of the business is The Laser Institute of Pinehurst. Located on 80 Aviemore Ct. Pinehurst, North Carolina 28374. (910)295-1130. Thanks!! 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello @Annie A / @Annie A

The hint is lc…@…

So the first two letters of the email address are 'lc'. Hopefully that helps. If not, it would still be possible to obtain ownership of the listing by following the steps under "Request access" on this page: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@TomW Would you still be able to request access, even though there's no one to respond to the email requesting it? That's the part that is confusing me. If we can't access the email address and it's ours, how will the ownership get transferred to us? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much for all your help- by the way! 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

You're welcome @Annie A. Yes, it's just part of the process. Not hearing back from the listing owner after 7 days (which will be the case here) will then allow you to move forward with gaining access to the listing. Note this sentence in step 7 of the request access process:

If you don’t hear back after 7 days, you'll be able to verify your affiliation with the business to gain access to the listing.

Please let me know how it goes, or if you need additional help after the 7 day wait.