My Business
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

Is an address required for a service area business to create a business page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The company has a service area business with locations in multiple cities. They service customers at the customer's location. Is it possible to have a Google business page for collecting reviews without a physical brick and mortar location? I have been told no.

AB Moving

Multiple locations

210-519-2040

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is an address required for a service area business to create a business page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
simple answer - even in case it's not the answer you expected:
Any local page can get reviews.
It doesn't matter its a local page with or without a service area and it doesn't matter its a local business with a brick and mortar office or a service area business servicing their customers at their location.

Re: Is an address required for a service area business to create a business page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, but can we setup a page with no address? For example, we have services in city A that has a brick and mortar address. We also offer services to city B but the moving crews there operate from their homes and their cell phones.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, city A has a Google business page with 100s of reviews, but the reviews are not from the area of city B. We want customers in city B to be able to post reviews that can be read by others in the city B area. I'm sure this is a common thing with most service area businesses that serve multiple locations.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
any local page MUST have an address - otherwise it's not a local page (the
address can hidden to the public tough)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand that now, the address for a SAB must be hidden, a Google requirement if customers do not come to the business address. Correct?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Regarding "I understand that now, the address for a SAB must be hidden, a
Google requirement if customers do not come to the business address.
Correct?"

Not correct:
the address must be hidden for a SAB only if the business doesn't serve
customers at the business address.

There are lots of SAB servicing their customers at their location *and* at
the address of the business as well.
No need to hide the address then.
A good sample: lets imagine a guitar teacher

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Jack,

"We also offer services to city B but the moving crews there operate from their homes and their cell phones."

Service area businesses cannot have more than one listing. And can't ever set up at an employees home or other pseudo location like a virtual office or UPS store. Only one listing for the main office is allowed. If that's the owner's home it's fine. But not for employees.

Let me know if you want me to cite the specific guidelines on this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Linda. And, yes, please provide the guidelines. The company wants each location to be able to offer their customers a place to post a review for a specific service area city. These cities are over 100 miles apart. The company wants a Google Business page for each city they serve. What I am understanding from you is that is against the rules, so I am getting mixed advice here. Hoping to resolve this and provide instructions for each location about posting reviews.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Here you go...

"Businesses that operate in a service area should create one listing for the central office or location and designate service areas."

"Make sure that your page is created at your actual, real-world location."

Guidelines: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086

Similar situation here at this forum that ended in suspension: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Verification/1-location-has-been-suspended-for-a-month/m-p...

Hope that helps and best of luck!