AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

I am totally stuck trying to set up new GMB agency account Answer Tax & Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

google maps pic.jpgHow do I move forward from here??

2 Expert replyverified_user

I am totally stuck trying to set up new GMB agency account Answer Tax & Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi James,

You have to use a email address from the actual website domain name of your agency. It cannot be a Gmail, Hotmail, etc.. type of email address. It needs to match your website, so james@ your company name .com.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if you look at the image I provided you will see that Ia m using an email from the domain www.ATB.TAX but how do I move forward from here? Look at the image there is no way to move forward

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the additional info. I could not see the email in the image. 

It appears the email you are trying to use has been used with Google My Business before. The email must be completely new and never in use with Google My Business and from your domain name. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up the email just for GMB and so just to make sure I set up another email just for GMB and I get the same run around Im  totally stuck and no clue what to do

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

using the newest email totally new to google i went in and it made me verify it but then it took me back to the same screen

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi James,

Let me look into this further since you have taken all of the correct steps forward. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hey James,

Do you have any listings in the account currently?  It has to be completely empty for it to work.  My second question is if you have a gmail attached to this Google account? That could be causing issues.

If neither of those are true, I'd get in touch with the GMB Agency dashboard team through this form and you should get a response in 24 hrs.

https://support.google.com/business/contact/org_issues?hl=en&ec=organization_accounts_c&cfsi=organiz...

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Joy,

Thanks for answering my request for further assistance to James. :)

Cheers,

James