My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

How can we manage multiple places for multiple businesses under one Google account?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

This question was originally posted on the former Help Forum but has been modified for clarity and answered by Community User Treebles.

We are a marketing agency and we sun several Google+ accounts on behalf of our clients. How can we manage multiple places for multiple businesses under one Google account?

Answer: The recommended procedure is to create the Local pages under the business owner account and they can make your Google account a manager of their listing.

You can create the business listing on behalf of the owner and then make your own Google account a manager of the listing, but you should not create all business listings under one account. It is risky because if you make mistakes that are perceived by Google as spam behavior they can suspend the entire account and all business listings would be removed from the Local database, even the ones that are in compliance.

Also, if the customer decides to terminate your services you can hand over control immediately of their Local page by given him/her the credential for the Google account where the business listing was created. Otherwise, you would have through the process of making the business owner a manager and wait two weeks to hand over control of the business listing by transferring ownership: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4573962

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: How can we manage multiple places for multiple businesses under on

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing!