My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border

How can they . . . "Claim this business" for items round the town? Moderator response appreciated!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How can they . . . "Claim this business" for items round the town? Moderator response appreciated!

I'm just a private individual reviewing and uploading loads of photos about my favourite town, Estepona in Southern Spain.  And other places - it's quite difficult to stop when you start.  :-)

But - how can the local Tourist Office "Claim this business" for the various Tourist Attractions round the town?  They can't do it via giving a street address - just think of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris - they don't deliver post there either!   The Director of Tourism could get an official Google Account using her official e-mail, but what then?  When you look at "Claim this business"  it says that some types of business may be claimed by e-mail, but no details of how to do this.

They would love to encourage locals and visitors to use Google Maps more by this.  Any help from the Moderators or other knowledgeable people most appreciated.  And here's a lovely photo to show you what you are missing by not coming to Estepona now, right away!  These are just some of the 30+ beautiful murals around the town

Thank you for your help

Best wishes

1. Full business name   Ayuntamiento de Estepona/turismo
2. Current business address  Plaza de las Flores Oficina de Turismo
3. Current telephone number  (+34) 952 80 20 02

4. Google+ URL  https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Oficina+de+Turismo/@36.4259448,-5.1458766,20.49z/data=!4m5!3m4!1...  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, didn't manage to insert the photo.  Look here instead:

Centro Historico Estepona

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Jennifer L

I believe you should read their Guidelines at first.

To make clear this remark:

GMB listings to claim need any kind of  "in person contact" of the staffed business with their customers.

And any tourist office of a city very unlikely owns the tourist attractions as part of their business.

Give you an example:

Arc de Triomphe in Paris doesn't have any kind of "in person contact" and there isn't any staffed business called and staffed as  "Arc de Triomphe" in Paris.

The "Tour de Eiffel" of course is a tourist attraction - but its a business too as you hace to buy tickets to enter it.

And the business owner of the "Tour de Eiffel" of course could claim it (if it wouldn't already claimed - btw it is!)

But even supposed it wouldn't yet claimed:

any Tourist agency in or of Paris called like "Paris Tourist center" is not allowed to claim such an unverified listing "Tour de Eiffel" 

All what I said is valid for any local tourist office and any attraction of your town "Estepona"  too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Helmut Geissler

The reason that I asked was that they noticed that some places/businesses/attractions are visible all the time, others you have to click around to get them in sight.

They wondered if it was those that have been Claimed that are always visible.

Best wishes

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

you and/or the authorities in your town mistunderstand the basics of Places "always visible" (this are the so called "Place labels")

Place Labels appear algorithmically and appear or don't appear for both: claimed listings and listings not yet claimed.

Read more here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6056435?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Thank you again.  You are the fount of all wisdom!  You must come and visit beautiful Estepona.

Best wishes

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Jennifer L

algunas veces en el futuro yo sin duda voy a visitar España de nuevo y entonces tal ves su ciudad tambien