5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Agencies and businesses with many locations: start here.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

How Long to Decide on a Flagged Review?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello:
How long does Google take to decide on a flagged review? We got an off-topic review over the weekend. I flagged it off-topic three times but it's still up. https://goo.gl/maps/3k2EGWc2Acq  How long can I expect it to remain, or for Google to decide it stays? 

A person took sunset pictures of the harbor from underneath a bridge. Nice.

But he wrote a 3 star review of the view, "Very pretty view under the bridge." That 3-star review shows for our nearby manufacturing and distribution facility. It's 660 meters away and the photographer can't see us from his location. I think it's a mistake.  

There are lengthy threads on the forums about flagging and removing reviews. I'm hoping this is a quick, clear decision.

My next step would be responding politely to the review. The reviewer has left 3 reviews, all of them odd, and his avatar is the Grim Reaper flipping you off with a skeleton finger. Engaging with him may not go well so I'm hoping it's removed.

Advice and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,

Nick

AMSOIL, INC

Superior, Wisconsin, USA

Photographer in vicinity of our plant wound up reviewing us instead of the harbor.Photographer in vicinity of our plant wound up reviewing us instead of the harbor.This is an off-topic review for a synthetic oil manufacturing plant.This is an off-topic review for a synthetic oil manufacturing plant.

How Long to Decide on a Flagged Review?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It took 3 days. The review disappeared overnight. I also had dozens of coworkers flag the review which may have helped.